News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Name that part...

Started by Longhorn69RT, March 15, 2008, 03:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn69RT

I decided to replace my tranny front seal before swapping torque converters and after I managed to pry it off this spring came out. I know next to nothing about transmission internals. What is this part called/what does it do/where can I find a new one? From the picture you can see I kind of crimped it when I pried out the old seal. I've looked around in my service manuals and can't seem to find anything on it. Thanks for the help!  :icon_smile_tongue:

-Jess

tecmopar

It looks like the spring from inside the seal.

ryan053

i agree, its the spring from inside the seal.  the new seal will have a new spring already in it.

Runner

looks like a paper clip to me.......   :icon_smile_big:

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Longhorn69RT

hmmm new seal from oreilly came sans spring. Looks like I need to make another trip (as usual). And as for that paper clip in my tranny... who knows  :nana:

-Jess

Blown70

I find that cresent wrench, pliers, vice grips, screw driver, paper clip, and Duct Tape come in very handy, VERY OFTEN..... :D :shruggy:

Ghoste

Cheaper brand seals may not have it (does it say China anywhere on the box?).

tecmopar

On most seals its hard to see the spring unless you really unfold it, good luck.