News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP!!! BROKEN BOLT!!!

Started by acelondon, March 10, 2008, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acelondon

I grabbed it with a 10inch ratchet and pulled, and off with his head. :RantExplode:
What do i do now? Theres about 1/4 inch visible, should i just PB blaster them and unscrew them with big ass pliers? better ideas?

This is the only bolt that holds bottom of the rubber bumper on the driver rear. Apparently, the last owner broke the other bolt. Cause it has no head, and is rusted over on the end. Somebody save me!

this is one more reason to sell this thing and get a Wrangler. :brickwall: I miss my Wrangler.... :'(

FLG

WOW, i would have not even attempted that unless i soaked it in penetrating oil for quite some time. Try penetrating oil, ALOT of it..and give it good time to soak in. Then try vise grips (good ones) and see how you do. If you still cant get it out, do you have a welder handy? Weld a washer on the bolt, then a nut onto the washer. 

Edit: On second look, it looks like its on using clips? since they probably wont be usable, you can always just try cutting the clip and just pulling everything off. Probably would be easier.

acelondon

I really didnt even turn that hard, it was like it was made out of cheap plastic how quick it broke. Its soaking with some PB blaster right now.

Blown70

That bolt looks to be on a body clip, but punch it back through and pull it out.....?  That is an easy fix...

acelondon

Every time i work on this car im more afraid the next bump will take it apart. I would tap the bolt thru, but im afraid i might put the hammer thru the frame rail. lol

FLG

Should be OK do whack it out, or like i said in the previous post...you could also just cut the clip.

acelondon

Another question! The last bolt that is holding that black rubber bumper on is stuck, i cant get it to move with an open end wrench and half a can of PB blaster over 2 days. The open end wrench is the only thing i can get in there. I stop when i felt the nut start to round. Now what? :brickwall:

why are these cars so hard to work on? i have to take part of the bumper off to get the brake light system out!

Blown70

35+ years of road dirt grime, salt, sand....wear tear, and everything else.....

Hemidog

Quote from: acelondon on March 11, 2008, 12:52:15 PM
why are these cars so hard to work on? i have to take part of the bumper off to get the brake light system out!
you're preaching to the choir buddy  ;)

daytonalo

If you think that is tough , that is kids stuff compared to other issues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Blown70 on March 10, 2008, 02:56:20 PM
That bolt looks to be on a body clip, but punch it back through and pull it out.....? That is an easy fix...

:iagree:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

Take a pair of wire cutters ( diagonals , dykes , whatever ) and tear the clip off the bolt . Should come loose then .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin