News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My son Dakota and my 69 Charger......

Started by tcs69rt, September 21, 2013, 01:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

So, today my kid drove his first car an hour ago on some gravel ranch roads. He now has "bragging rights" for the rest of his life!   :2thumbs:

I was 13 in 1980 and in the hills of Virginia and I drove a 1966 baby blue drop top Cadillac with 4 of us sitting on the front seat. I think my choice of vehicles has improved, lol!

Happy Saturday from Colorado!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Mopar Nut

That's cool, I learned to drive in hills of Virginia back in the seventies.

Happy Saturday from Utah!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

Win!! He'll be stoked with that! None of his buddies will have done that  :lol:
Happy Sunday from Auckland New Zealand where we like black Chargers too  :yesnod:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ws23rt

Good for the both of you. :2thumbs:

He will remember that forever and what a great car to have memory with.

When I was ready to pick up my new Challenger (09) I asked my son if he would drive me to the dealer for the pick up of the car.

I think he said yes in his way  :o---On the way home I pulled over and he asked why are we pulling over. 
You want to feel this car just like I do.  It's your turn.  I let him drive it back to our point of connection which was where he worked  (A quick lube place)
His friends and coworkers saw the new challenger for the first time and he was driving it in. :icon_smile_wink:

There may be many times something like this could happen and it is missed. :cheers:  Cheers for when we see the time and place to make lasting memories.

Cooter

Awesome!
It really is funny that in this day and age with all the gadgets kids tend to play with, a 45 year old car tends make them the coolest kid around...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hatersaurusrex

A '69 Charger my well be at the top of the classic car food chain, but there's NOTHING wrong with a convertible '66 Caddilac Land Yacht.   Those things are awesome.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ws23rt

Quote from: Cooter on September 21, 2013, 06:54:29 PM
Awesome!
It really is funny that in this day and age with all the gadgets kids tend to play with, a 45 year old car tends make them the coolest kid around...

:2thumbs: I agree---I think most of the gadgets the kids play with will not last into memories like some of the old cars we play with do.

I wonder what the collector car world will be like 20-30 years from now :scratchchin:

Old Tired Rebel

This will be unforgettable for him and most likely keep that family tradition to pass on when it's time

spiderjason

spoolinhard

Those rims on the charger are badass :2thumbs: What are they?

tcs69rt

The rims are Centerline Champ 500's. I got them in 96 about a year before Dakota was born.....
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

charge69

Awesome Charger and a great experience for your son !!    Congrats !!