News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

module grounding

Started by doitmopar, January 30, 2008, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doitmopar

:brickwall: Does the ing module get it's ground through the mounting screw on the firewall,or is there suppose to be a separate ground in the wiring harness?I'm not getting a neg at the coil.Thanks

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: doitmopar on January 30, 2008, 06:40:08 PM
:brickwall:Does the ing module get it's ground through the mounting screw on the firewall,or is there suppose to be a separate ground in the wiring harness?I'm not getting a neg at the coil.Thanks

The mounting surface must be clean of paint etc to get a proper ground of the ignition box.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 30, 2008, 06:42:47 PM
:brickwall:Does the ing module get it's ground through the mounting screw on the firewall,or is there suppose to be a separate ground in the wiring harness?I'm not getting a neg at the coil.Thanks

The mounting surface must be clean of paint etc to get a proper ground of the ignition box.

Does this hold true with the voltage regulator? I can't get a charge from the alternator and the alt. is new, VR is new, wiring harness is new. I am stumped. I get a no charger situation at my ammeter. Pull the positive cable off of the battery the car dies. I actually have two VR's that are new and the situation is the same with them. Perhaps they are both bad? I have 12 volts on the ignition side of the VR and 2.4 on the field side. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on January 30, 2008, 09:29:48 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 30, 2008, 06:42:47 PM

Does this hold true with the voltage regulator? I can't get a charge from the alternator and the alt. is new, VR is new, wiring harness is new. I am stumped. I get a no charger situation at my ammeter. Pull the positive cable off of the battery the car dies. I actually have two VR's that are new and the situation is the same with them. Perhaps they are both bad? I have 12 volts on the ignition side of the VR and 2.4 on the field side. Any ideas?

Thanks,

yes, same applies  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............