News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a "How To" disscussion board?

Started by 69chargerboy, January 31, 2008, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I'm in favor of having a separate section of the forum of our members that make note of the process of disassembly and reassembly of their Chargers (interior, exterior, trim, etc...) Any one else agree? Just my  :Twocents:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69chargerboy

Just wondering.... I thought it may of been easier to localize all in one section, rather than seaching..... You guys do make a good point... :Twocents:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: maybe there should be a "Site Suggestions" section too?..  :shruggy:

Troy

:hah:
Quote from: Brock Samson on January 31, 2008, 12:18:50 PM
:scratchchin: maybe there should be a "Site Suggestions" section too?..  :shruggy:

It's definitely on "the list" - although it won't exactly be in the forum. We had something similar on the old site but it was very small. My idea is to take specific threads, compile them into "articles", and put them in an indexed, searchable reference section available on the main site. One reason for doing this is to bypass the picture size limits and to "weed out" the irrelevant parts.

Some people are already posting excellent How To threads but if you have something specific to contribute you can also send it to me directly.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

six-tee-nine

There are threads here that are worth LOTS when it comes to restoring our Chargers. For example Lilwendal's cluster resto report or bill's how to reassemble the side window/vent assembly.

But after a year they can be a pain in the a** to find again. For now i solve this problem by bookmarking every possible interesting page.  And that are alot of pages, I tell ya...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

hemihead

Who determines which tech help may have wrong info ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Troy

Quote from: hemihead on January 31, 2008, 03:37:33 PM
Who determines which tech help may have wrong info ?
Hopefully whoever responds when it's still a thread in the forum. For instance, if someone were to post a thread on welding a semi-full gas tank I'd hope that someone else would post a warning. On the more detailed topics I'm sure I can come up with a committee to validate the information if necessary. It's also possible to set up a way to vote threads into the tech archives (like our very own American Idol). Depending on how I do it, there may be a comments area for each one. First things first - I have to build it. Then I'll worry about what gets posted there.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.