News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone dyed green seat belts blue?

Started by toddscharger, January 19, 2008, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddscharger

Has anyone out there dyed green seat belts [u]BLUE[/u] with Rit Dye??
I have a nice set of green belts that I want to put into my B5 blue Charger and was wondering what color dye to use to get an acceptable color.

I scoured the Rit website, and did not find the info I have been looking for.
Thanks, Todd

Chatt69chgr

You might call their technical representative.  Unfortunately, B5 blue won't mean anything to them.  But if you could get close, maybe their tech guy could advise you on what to add to make the final color darker or lighter.  In any case, it sounds like some testing is in order.  Obviously, if someone on here has already done this, then that's all the better. 

68charger383

When I was at a show in November, Paddock had a stand and was selling blue seatbelt webbing for Chargers for something like $80. You could check it out with them, might be easier if they do have it.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hutch

you are going to want to use a mild bleach water mix and get them as near white as you can first before dunking them in blue dye.    If you use too much bleach you will distroy the fiber in the belt and make them usafe.  Belts are pretty cheap, you might just want to go with new webbing and get someone make them around your old hardware or just buy new belts out right if you dont know someone with the right kind of macine that can sew that type of thick webbing.

:Twocents:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

JrJohnston

Quote from: hutch on January 25, 2008, 08:37:20 AM
you are going to want to use a mild bleach water mix and get them as near white as you can first before dunking them in blue dye.    If you use too much bleach you will distroy the fiber in the belt and make them usafe.  Belts are pretty cheap, you might just want to go with new webbing and get someone make them around your old hardware or just buy new belts out right if you dont know someone with the right kind of macine that can sew that type of thick webbing.

:Twocents:

ANY bleaching of the seat belt webbing will destroy the webbing and the stitches.I have had 2 customer in the last week bring in seat belt's that they have tried this process,only to have the seat belt's pull apart after bleaching them.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim