News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this tag on the fender tag mean

Started by 68charger383, January 28, 2008, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

What does this little tag attached under my fender tag mean. Based on the shape of the eight, bottom being bigger and top smaller, it looks like it is upside down and should be "18" but I guess it could "81"?

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ghoste

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2008, 04:43:51 AM
It's an inspection tag.
:iagree:  Usually there might be a series of these "tear off" tags under the fender tag that are supposed to be removed by various stages of the car build.....a lot of times these tags made it out of the factory, like yours has.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68charger383

That's what I was thinking.

it seems to be made out of cardboard or something.

Thanks for the info.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

FJMG

So is this going to be (or already is, I don't know) one of those concourse items that the car should have multiple layers of torn-off paper beneath the fender tag?

68charger383

I was just hoping it meant the car actually came with a hemi  in lieu of the fender/vin tag or was sold to universal for the bullit movie or something....guess its just like the tag in the froot of the loom package, inspected by inspector #18  :rofl:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69 OUR/TEA

I've got one on my car also 68charger383.

69_500

I don't think that is something that people look for if they are going to be judging a car on a OE status or anything, but they are nice to have if there was one there.

I think that if you look at them closer you will see that they are more like alluminum foil. I've yet to figure out what the numbers corelate to. It had to stand for something otherwise it would be blank, or it wouldn't be there. I've seen them with #15, #18, #31 on them as well as some others that I can't think of right off hand.

My car only had a partial of one still on it when I got the car. I was about 1/4" long but was torn off where the stampings would have been.