News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shop thread???

Started by dodgecharger-fan, January 07, 2008, 10:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Sorry guys. I've searched and I've scanned pages and pages.

Was there a "Show us your shop" thread going on here recently?
I can't find it.
Searched for "shop sink" "show us your shop" "show me your shop" "show shop" and many more left me with not-so-good results.

Specifically, I recall a post with a picture of a shop sink that uses an oil drum for a pedastal.

Anyone?

dodgecharger-fan

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

It was somewhere else....

Go ahead. Say it.

But if you're curious to know what I was looking for, I've attached a pic.

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Charger_Fan

That's pretty cool! How deep is the sink part? Can't really tell from that pic.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dukeboy_318

now thats a cool idea  :2thumbs: , might have to do that one myself and paint it sublime green and have it say 470 stroker, just like my charger :D
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 08, 2008, 06:48:18 PM
That's pretty cool! How deep is the sink part? Can't really tell from that pic.

I've asked for more pics to find out exactly that...

I've thought up a few different ideas in the meantime:
It's a complete drum that slides under the sink because there's no drain plumbing in the shop. They just cart the drum out and dump it when it gets full.
It's more or less just a shell of a drum and is for decoration - meaning that the sink is hanging on the wall and the drum more or less is a pedastal to hide the plumbing.
Someone held up a steel drum band and is disguising the evidence as a sink.  :coolgleamA:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 09, 2008, 09:53:59 AM
It's more or less just a shell of a drum and is for decoration - meaning that the sink is hanging on the wall and the drum more or less is a pedastal to hide the plumbing.
I bet that's it, I couldn't imagine hauling the drum out to empty it each time. To me, that would take the cool factor out of it pretty quickly. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 09, 2008, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 09, 2008, 09:53:59 AM
I bet that's it, I couldn't imagine hauling the drum out to empty it each time. To me, that would take the cool factor out of it pretty quickly. :lol:

Me too, but if a shop doesn't have a drain, it doesn't have a drain... besides the carts for rolling drums around are pretty cheap now.

I just thought of this: In that situation, I'd put a tap on the back side down near the bottom: roll it out and open the tap. Come back later and roll it back in.
You'd have to be careful about what goes in to the drum though.