News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B&M MEGA Shifter

Started by RECHRGD, December 22, 2007, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Did B&M ever change the design of their MEGA shifter to allow the cable to attach from the rear, keeping the cable away from the headers?  I thought I heard that they did, but can't find anything on their web site.  I've got the tranny out now and it would be a good time to change it out if this model was available.   Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Runner

bob,  i think the t/a shifter enters from the rear

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

andy74

Quote from: Runner on December 26, 2007, 09:11:49 PM
bob,  i think the t/a shifter enters from the rear
It does, i have one in mine also

RECHRGD

You know, I always considered the B&M piece to be a POS.  Interesting that the T/A site states that they have a specific throw for just Mopar/chevy/ford.  I never could get the B&M unit to position perfectly into each gear.  If I go with a T/A unit, I'll have to get a foot switch for the Gear Vendors unit as I'm using a switched B&M shift handle now.  I couldn't find  the measurments on their shifter cover on the website.  The picture makes it look pretty large.  Do you guys know the size?   Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32