News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 Trunk wont open automatically

Started by RTsCharger, July 29, 2010, 08:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTsCharger

Hey all great Site - I have a 2007 Dodge Charger and the trunk will only open with the key. - thanks

carolina charger

Take a voltmeter and check for voltage at the switch, if you have it work your way back til you find the problem. It could be fuse, switch, actuator or bad wiring connection.

RD

are you saying that it will not open from your FOB at all?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RTsCharger

Yeah I can only open it from the key - electronics wont work

mikepmcs

new battery in the fob maybe?
reprogram the fob?

The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is unknown.  :icon_smile_big:

found this searching around.

Dodge & Chrysler Products - Many require one existing & working remote to program additional units.
If you have no working unit, then special equipment is required to get these done.
There is no "Other" programming available to help you if you have NO existing remote.
Chrysler Crossfire - can NOT be self done - key or remote.
1997 1998 1999 Dakota & Durango - No programming Available.
Dodge Charger - NO self programabilty on board.
All Chrysler combo units, meaning key and remote in one, can NOT be self programmed.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?