News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The true supercar

Started by Arthu®, November 13, 2007, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthu®

A 1025lbs and 575bhp making it 1,000bhp p/tonne sportscar. Two of the designers of the McLaren F1 finally finished the work and it's now for sale for the small price of $280,000. But what a car it is.

http://www.caparo-t1.com/

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VsTHvbsmM0c

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

bull

Can't say it's pretty but I bet it's fun to drive. :shruggy:

Arthu®

No it's not pretty, but to be honest I don't find a Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo very pretty either... This car is cheaper and it will kill both if it doesn't fall apart. I wouldn't mind owning one.

Arthur

six-tee-nine

At least in a Ferrari Enzo you'll keep your feet dry when it rains for that price..... :sarcasmalert:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Hemidog

They tested that thing on Top Gear,
Did not seem reliable mechanically.
Insane acceleration, and you had to go fast around corners, or else the car has no grip due to no downforce.  :icon_smile_big:

alfanta

Quote from: Hemidog on November 13, 2007, 04:30:01 PM
... you had to go fast around corners...

oh no....someone kill me now...  :icon_smile_wink:

Hemidog

Quote from: alfanta on November 13, 2007, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: Hemidog on November 13, 2007, 04:30:01 PM
... you had to go fast around corners...

oh no....someone kill me now...  :icon_smile_wink:
A good answer to tell the cop that stopped you!

70charger_boy

That car is freakin' awesome!!!!!!!   :pity:  for those that don't think the car isn't pretty.

Mike DC

It's fugly but I'll bet it sure works great in short trips.  (Is that so very different from a lot of our primered drag cars?) 
I admire the effort & totally uncompromising nature of the beast. 

But personally I'd rather have an awesome classic Mopar that can only run 140mph on a road course than have a modern exotic car that does it at 200+ mph.  Or even just a modern 'Vette or Viper that runs 95% as fast as the six-figure exotics for a fraction of the price. 

Arthu®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 14, 2007, 12:53:34 AM
But personally I'd rather have an awesome classic Mopar that can only run 140mph on a road course than have a modern exotic car that does it at 200+ mph.  Or even just a modern 'Vette or Viper that runs 95% as fast as the six-figure exotics for a fraction of the price. 

I can see your point, but I think this is a car that is not bought by people as just their 2nd car. I think it will mostly be bought by car collectors that also own other high end exotic cars. This car isn't pratical by any means it probably makes a very very fun car to drive every once in a while and that's why I would love to own it, but it is not something you take on your sunny sunday afternoon cruize. It would be fun to drive it to track days and stuff like that and still be one of the fastest on the track and be able to match up with a lot of non-street legal cars. Also at its price I doubt it will be bought by Joe Regular, it's a car made for the rich.

Arthur

miller

i would still rather have the Ariel Atom... i just love that little thing

same principle... hardcore, no compromises, but its its about 200,000 less then the other, plus you don't have it breaking down once ever 15 min

who really needs that much power... I'm sure the atom would be enough for just about everyone, and unlike that car, the atom can actually go around tight corners well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa