News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I feel like Jim's Autoparts ripped me off

Started by dspaulding70, November 11, 2007, 02:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I purchased a replacement battery tray for my 70 Charger for $42.00 from Jim's.  Only choice ithey offered for shipping was Fed Ex and I chose the slowest possible option.  The part arrived and I looked at my credit card statement and they charged me $59.84.

That is $17.84 shipping and handling on a $42.00 item and is almost 43%.

Am I just nuts or is this too much?

68charger383

Is that for the tray or the kit?

Price with shipping seems Ok for the kit but for the tray alone, $42 is about double the going rate and the shipping is almost three times that.

Call them and ask them to justify the shipping cost and if they won't give you about $10 back, send it back
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

TeeWJay426

The only reason anyone would accuse you of being nuts is for ever buying something from Jim's in the first place..... why on earth would you do that? If you've been on this site for any time at all, you would have surely heard about Jim's reputation already... NEVER buy anything from him..... anything he has can be found elsewhere, and will be cheaper!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

dspaulding70

I looked at other sites for the battery tray kit and did not find it cheaper elsewhere.  Please lead me to the other places and I will gladly take my business elsewhere. 

Troy

Bill Allphin at A&M carries them (I think the price is $38). He's a member here and also offers group buys at times. I'm positive his shipping isn't that high.
http://www.amhightechauto.com/

Sorry to hear about your experience but you might as well keep it now. They won't refund your shipping charges on a return (most places won't). With Jim's they may even charge you a "restocking fee" so you could be out $20-25 just to send it back.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bull

70 Battle Horse

QuoteCall them and ask them to justify the shipping cost and if they won't give you about $10 back, send it back
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You MUST own stock in rolaids, to suggest this......SHE is not called "The wicked witch of the east" for nothing !! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Yeah- give it a shot, the come back here and let us know how it went :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

NHCharger

Consider this a lesson learned at a relatively cheap price compared to what others have paid.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TUFCAT

Jim's Auto Parts SUCKS - - plain and simple.  :icon_smile_angry:   I have no idea how they can still be in business.  :scratchchin:  Everbody hates them.  :eek2:

charge-it

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on November 11, 2007, 05:48:08 PM
QuoteCall them and ask them to justify the shipping cost and if they won't give you about $10 back, send it back
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You MUST own stock in rolaids, to suggest this......SHE is not called "The wicked witch of the east" for nothing !! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Yeah- give it a shot, the come back here and let us know how it went :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Randy! How the heck are ya? I still have your Bullitt movie and need to return it you. I need to take a ride to check out your Chargers.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Chargerfanatic

87 Shelby GLHS

68charger383

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on November 11, 2007, 05:48:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You MUST own stock in rolaids, to suggest this......SHE is not called "The wicked witch of the east" for nothing !!

Hey you never know.....give her a call,

Hey Hilda, spaulding's on the phone about those shipping charges  :nana:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Silver R/T

Id give you mine for free as soon as I relocate battery to the trunk.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Aero426

Quote from: dspaulding70 on November 11, 2007, 02:53:40 PM
I looked at other sites for the battery tray kit and did not find it cheaper elsewhere.  Please lead me to the other places and I will gladly take my business elsewhere. 

You have now learned a valuable lesson.  NEVER, EVER buy anything from Jim's. 

chargerman68

sorry to hear that have not used them before,dont think i will ever now
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

rudyjrusa

i called them once and tried to get some infomation about a part - she was not nice at all and they never got back too me - not sure how they are still in business!