News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 has no wire from rebuilt grille for markers

Started by MaMopar, October 17, 2007, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaMopar

The side markers have the pigtail and nothing to plug into.  What wire coming out of the grille harness does the marker wire connect to?  Also when the parking lights are on the headlights come on(switch in parking light position). The high beams work with the switch in the park light position, also when switch is in headlight on position the high beams are on and the floor switch will not turn them off.  The guy who built the grille crossed a wire someplace.  When we bought the grille it was all redone, everything repainted and rewired into the harness to plug into harness on engine side of the motor.  The rear markers work.  I need the front to work too.  Can anyone help with this?

MaMopar
MaMopar

gtx6970

maybe it's got a 69 headlight harness. ( are they different ? ) as the side markers are non-functional on 69's

MaMopar

It is possible the harness is from a 69, the markers are just reflectors on the 69.  What wire would we splice into to make the markers work. 

MaMopar
MaMopar

JimShine

The 68 harness is different beyond the pigtails for the side markers. If you are going to fudge it and not worry about being correct, you could run them off the parking lights. However, in a 1968 that means they will shut off when the lights are turned on. The parking lights only function when the switch is set in the middle position.