News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk problem!!!

Started by tburns, December 29, 2006, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tburns

New owner of a 71 Charger.  Guy I bought it from said the trunk key holder had given him problems with it being loose and he actually shimmed it with a piece of plastic.  Murphy's Law: I opened the trunk today, and when I closed it, the whole housing fell into the closed trunk.  Now I have a nice trunk with a hole in it and no way to open it. Any suggestions on how I can get it open (without going through the back seat hopefully)...

is_it_EVER_done?

I don't really understand what you explained happend, but if the lock/key mechanism is gone and you have a hole into the trunk where the key should go, take a flashlite and shine it in the hole.

You will either see a metal thing that looks like an ice cream stick, or a open slot that looks like a fat screwdriver slot. If you see the metal "ice cream stick", use a needle nose plier to turn it. If you see the slot, use a flat bladed screw driver to turn it.

tburns

Is It Ever Done: Thanks for the reply.  My Poli Sci degree doesn't do me any good when trying to make a technical explanation!  You got it with your suggestion.  I figured it was something like that.  Thanks!!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: is_it_EVER_done? on December 29, 2006, 06:34:19 PM
I don't really understand what you explained happend, but if the lock/key mechanism is gone and you have a hole into the trunk where the key should go, take a flashlite and shine it in the hole.

You will either see a metal thing that looks like an ice cream stick, or a open slot that looks like a fat screwdriver slot. If you see the metal "ice cream stick", use a needle nose plier to turn it. If you see the slot, use a flat bladed screw driver to turn it.
:iagree:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jaak

Yeah thats how I open the trunk on my charger for a couple of years, had a "star" key for the doorlocks/ignition and a flatblade screwdriver for the trunk, lol

Jason