News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone ordered from R/T specialties

Started by 41husk, September 28, 2005, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I wanted to buy a new gas cap and cap ring from R/T specialties at Monster Mopar.  thre guy had the cap but not the trim ring but they were in stock at the store.  I told him I would pay for both and he could ship me the trim ring.  He prefered I called on tuesday and ordered all together? So I called that Tuesday going on 3 weeks now and asked if the parts were in stock.  I was told they were gave him my credit card # and still no parts.  I have called several times and only got through twice.  Some one took my name and # and said they would get back to me.  Is this SOP for this company?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Tom is a great guy. He may still be swamped from filling orders from the nats. Don't worry, he will take care of you. I've known him and bought parts from him for over ten years and he's never let me down. This is a busy time of year for him.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

472 R/T SE

I faxed them a big order twice this spring and they never even said "boo".  So someone else got my money.  Jacobs Restoration, A & M (especially) have been a big help for me.
I had a $500.o0 order at Jack's last month and they raised the prices on the mirror versus what their internet ad says, didn't even ask, just charged my account.  That's OK, there's several OTHER vendors out there willing to take my money.

41husk

I would like to speak with some one.  I am sure as soon as I order from some place else rt's will show up and I will have paid twice.  If they have not sent the order fine, if there is a problem lets work it out!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Old Moparz

If he does any of the fall swap meets, he may not be around. There's 4 big ones in the northeast, one at "Englishtown, NJ" last week, one at "Rhinebeck, NY" last week, one at "Carlisle, PA" this week, one coming up at "Hershey, PA" the week after, & a smaller one for Mopars at "Lebanon Valley, NY" as well.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Blown70

Well then he should have extra help or NOT accept orders for Items that he will not full immediately.  This should be up front.  This just sounds wrong to me.

69hemi

I ordered a pair of disc brake shields and they were awful generic ones.  I called him and he said to return them for credit so I did and never got the money refunded to my credit card.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 28, 2005, 01:50:01 PM
If he does any of the fall swap meets, he may not be around. There's 4 big ones in the northeast, one at "Englishtown, NJ" last week, one at "Rhinebeck, NY" last week, one at "Carlisle, PA" this week, one coming up at "Hershey, PA" the week after, & a smaller one for Mopars at "Lebanon Valley, NY" as well.

I ordered stuff from R/T Specialties... once.   

I've never seen him or many other vendors at Rhinebeck for the Goodguys show.. or the spring swap meet for that matter.    And there aren't many vendors at Lebanon either.   E-town is the place to be for the swap meet.   Don't know much about the fall Carlisle or Hershey swaps.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

I need to check my credit card and see if I was Charged.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

THE COLONEL

If you do get your money back, Yearone sells the same thing.  I bought one from them last month, and it's great.  I hope you get it worked out with them.  Good luck.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

cudaken

Allen, cancel your credit card and use Year One. May pay a few more dollar's but fast a frendly and they all wise answer the phone.

Cuda Ken
I am back

41husk

Ken, year one has not been friendly on the phone with the orders I made in the past.  Infact they often act as if they could care less if you buy from them or not, but you do get what you order.  How did the job lead work out?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

cudaken

Allen, I used the same contact person but he went to R&D but he was a great guy. There sell's people where on commussion (spell check) when I was throwing money at them. John was great, would give me a discount for a good war story. They now pay there phone people hourly, wish means they don't give a s--t make the same requardless. Lsat time I used them, around 2000 they looked me up and got happy as heck to hear from me again. Between me and my friends I order for spent $25,000.00 with them.

Ken
I am back

hotrod98

I have bought from R/T specialties and Year One for many years. They are two completely different vendors with completely different products. Tom at R/T specializes in all type of fasteners. Don't even try to buy loose fasteners from Year One. And, don't try to buy interior from Tom. One does not replace the other. Tom will take care of his customers. His company is not a big organization. He's in the middle of show season, so give him a little time. You will be hard pressed to find some of the stuff he has from another vendor.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

charge-it

Year One is one of R/T specialties customers...Tom is a man of his word and will take care of you. Call him back. He does get swamped at times but always manages to get caught up. He is human and may make an error, but the difference is he does care about your business.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Shakey

I noticed R/T Specialties advertisement in the latest MCG issue and it states that they have moved.

Perhaps this could cause some delays in processing the order.