News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool "Cannonball" story

Started by TK73, October 31, 2007, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels/magazine/15-11/ff_cannonballrun

"And so the clock starts and the taillights flare, and they're off again, strapped down, fueled up, and bound on an outlaw enterprise with 2,795 miles of interstate and some 31,000 highway cops between them and the all-time speed record for crossing the American continent on four wheels"
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

NYCMille

Well... let me tell you something, first off the e39 BMW M5 is no joke... 400hp/400lb.tq. and unrestricted will do 180mph and I have seen Alex's car in person as he is a friend of mine. I highly suggest reading the book as the amount of planning involved with the record he just broke is simply astonishing and his attention to detail is amazing. I saw him a few days ago and the image you may get of him from the book is the same as in person - he's a maniac, but a gifted maniac.

I take my hat off too him -  :cheers:

Charger74

Hey Mke, was that when he was in town talkng to Fox News?  I watched that story.  Funny that he beat what's his name with the ferrari that took off from the Bullrun rallye and beat him pretty significantly if I remember the time.

NYCMille

Alex lives in NYC - as for him beating the Rawlings in the Ferrari, read the book "The Driver" that Alex just wrote - it explains everything and is actually a really good read and very funny.