News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's official, We are moving BACK WEST ! ! ! UPDATED!!!!!!

Started by skip68, September 16, 2007, 08:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Quote from: skip68 on September 20, 2007, 11:12:07 AM
I use to cruise Sunrise Blvd in Sac. back when I was 18-19 years old when you could still do it. Most of folsom was just open rocky land on 50 and we would come down Hwy 50 from Cameron Park at 100mph+ all the time at night. :coolgleamA:  NOT ANYMORE.  :'(  I will be so glad to be back in a better climate.  :woohoo: 
i will fly out and drive the charger back to cali :icon_smile_big:
[/color]                         Let me think about it and I'll get back to you.  :scratchchin:  Will you help load the U-Haul ?   :icon_smile_big:  Chuck...

To drive the car back to cali he'll pack aload and unpack your whole house...LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

chargerman68

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 20, 2007, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: skip68 on September 20, 2007, 11:12:07 AM
I use to cruise Sunrise Blvd in Sac. back when I was 18-19 years old when you could still do it. Most of folsom was just open rocky land on 50 and we would come down Hwy 50 from Cameron Park at 100mph+ all the time at night. :coolgleamA:  NOT ANYMORE.  :'(  I will be so glad to be back in a better climate.  :woohoo: 
i will fly out and drive the charger back to cali :icon_smile_big:
[/color]                         Let me think about it and I'll get back to you.  :scratchchin:  Will you help load the U-Haul ?   :icon_smile_big:  Chuck...

To drive the car back to cali he'll pack aload and unpack your whole house...LOL

:yesnod: :2thumbs:  followed by :cheers:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

skip68

Well we are getting ready to leave next week!  :2thumbs: Hope we don't encounter to much bad weather! :shruggy: I think we are leaving either Thursday or Friday!(Nov.1st or 2nd) (Kids want to do Halloween at least once out here with their cousins before we leave!) Not looking forward to traveling with two kids, one Penski truck with attached car trailer for the Charger, then we also have our work truck and boat that are going to be drivin by????? Still figuring that part out!! Wish us luck! Gotta figure out where it is safe to motel up for a few nights throughout our route! We don't want the Charger stolen! :'(

DESTINATION: VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!! :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TruckDriver

Quote from: skip68 on October 26, 2007, 02:09:05 PM
Wish us luck! Gotta figure out where it is safe to motel up for a few nights throughout our route! We don't want the Charger stolen! :'(
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Pull the distributer out, pull the battery, or plug wires, etc.. Can't drive a car that won't run :yesnod: Good Luck.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charger_boy

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 26, 2007, 07:10:20 PM
Quote from: skip68 on October 26, 2007, 02:09:05 PM
Wish us luck! Gotta figure out where it is safe to motel up for a few nights throughout our route! We don't want the Charger stolen! :'(
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Pull the distributer out, pull the battery, or plug wires, etc.. Can't drive a car that won't run :yesnod: Good Luck.

but you can use a flatbed to take it  :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 26, 2007, 07:28:34 PM
[but you can use a flatbed to take it  :yesnod:

That is a lot of extra work to do when you gotta take something very quickly.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Chuck
Did you not get my last PM a while ago.

I guess you guys don't love me anymore.  But I still love you guys!

Good luck on the move.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Hi Mikeee!
We still love you and I am sorry that we havn't been in much communication in awhile, but this move back west is very time consuming. Funny thing, ....when I was going through things to pack, I found the C.D. of Chuck's (Skip68) music in it's envelope ready to mail to you! I PROMISE TO MAIL ON MONDAY!!!!!!!! Also, since we will lose internet connection for awhile, as we are moving, I will P.M. our cell # to you! So, how's retirement? From the other thread you posted,.....looks like your a "busy guy!" Hahahaha! :2thumbs: :smilielol:

So when are you going to come visit Las Vegas? Seem's like alot of our other friends want to come visit us there, as opposed to "STUPIDVILLE, TENNESSEE!!!" :shruggy: :smilielol: :nana: Go Figure! :D
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

68chrgrwife

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

mikepmcs

Cool, i'm looking forward to the CD, but no hurry.

Not so busy anymore, i'm jobless taking care of the Vet Admin thing.  I need to get my stuff together with that.  Body shop couldn't pay the bills.  Danny(my boss) understood and we are still very good friends.
I'm just taking it easy and gonna sell my 55, and won't get a job until it's the right one.  Back into oval track racing with my buddy Gene so i'll keep myself busy making cabinets in the race trailer and building the car for next year.

Good luck in your travels.  Vegas is awesome!  I'd live there or California  no problem.  If I was rich, i'd be living in San Fran(i was born there) right next to Huey Lewis or Brock Sampson(Dave) :icon_smile_big:

Be safe and let us know when you arrive safely.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 27, 2007, 05:05:11 PM
I wanna come visit too.

Let me get my furniture in, and you are more than welcome!  :yesnod: :cheers: Nice thing about moving back west is, the kids have grandparents that are dying to spend time with them!!! Can you say, Mommy's week off!!!!!????!!!! I can!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :nana:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

RD

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 27, 2007, 05:08:07 PM
Cool, i'm looking forward to the CD, but no hurry.

Not so busy anymore, i'm jobless taking care of the Vet Admin thing.  I need to get my stuff together with that.  Body shop couldn't pay the bills.  Danny(my boss) understood and we are still very good friends.
I'm just taking it easy and gonna sell my 55, and won't get a job until it's the right one.  Back into oval track racing with my buddy Gene so i'll keep myself busy making cabinets in the race trailer and building the car for next year.

Good luck in your travels.  Vegas is awesome!  I'd live there or California  no problem.  If I was rich, i'd be living in San Fran(i was born there) right next to Huey Lewis or Brock Sampson(Dave) :icon_smile_big:

Be safe and let us know when you arrive safely.

v/r
Mike

mike, you do know that I am a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for the Department of Veterans Affairs right? If you have any questions, let me know.
Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

skip68

mikepmcs

Jamey,
Thanks, i will most definitely keep that in mind.  If I get the voc rehab thing and have enough to survive and go that route, I will have questions.  I'd like to be a teacher or get into the culinary art field...or work for the VA!

Sorry to hijack.

v/r
Mike.

skip68

69Coronet

Hey 68chgrwife

Is it true that in San Diego the water bill for one month is as much as getting to tank for your homes boiler filled in the winter in WI ($500-$700 for the boiler and $40-$50 for water here) and that people there are scared to drive in the rain :icon_smile_question:
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

chargerman68

skip68

69Coronet

Quote from: skip68 on October 27, 2007, 08:46:47 PM
69Coronet :  :slap: :rotz: Duuhhhhh! :nana:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

I got that from my Agriculture teacher whos son lives there
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

chargerman68

68chrgrwife

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 27, 2007, 08:12:46 PM
no its not that much.....

Actually, the last time we paid for our water was over a year ago.  We live in Military Housing and don't pay water, gas or electric here.  When we lived out in town it was pretty cheap though.  Don't remember ever paying that much....and I have two kids that love to take looooonnnnnnnggggggg showers.....ok who am I kidding I love long showers too.....LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER