News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is one for you all....

Started by dakotaboy, October 24, 2007, 02:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakotaboy

I have a 69 Charger SE 383 car.   The interior was swapped out of it and the vin tag was MIA.

I went to the local License branch (Indiana) this morning and they told me................

That as long as I have the title and fender tag ( which I do) that "I" can MAKE a new VIN TAG........!!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS OR BEEN TOLD THIS??????

I am very iffy on this. As to go ahead and make one or what.   :shruggy:  :shruggy:

beedees

I'd get it in writing, notarized and signed in blood if I were you.

dukeboy_318

I agree get it in writing, Indiana BMV is a nightmare, where are you located dakotaboy, im in Columbus IN
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

HITMAN 149

well in jersey.... the MVC (motor vehicle commision) makes a new vin tag for you. the last i heard???
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

dakotaboy

dakotaboy

So what you all suggest? 

Just sell it the way it sits as a parts car?

I have a complete car minus the vin tag and front window. And really dont need another Charger sitting around. At least its inside.

I have the title in my name, fender tag, and a photo copy of the title I recieved from the person I bought the car from. Dated 1977 I believe.

DukesofHoward

They do something similar here in Washington. GeneralLeeTesh had a Washington VIN assigned to the Duketona because it came from HLPAG with serious discrepancies in various numbers on the car.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: DukesofHoward on October 24, 2007, 10:21:23 PM
They do something similar here in Washington. GeneralLeeTesh had a Washington VIN assigned to the Duketona because it came from HLPAG with serious discrepancies in various numbers on the car.

NOOOOO :o i don't believe it...not from HLPAG!?!?!?!?
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Alaskan_TA

All states (that I know of) have a procedure for issuing a state assigned VIN tag. It will not look anything like the original, but it is legal.

Barry

HITMAN 149

that's what they do in jersey... with like stolen cars & salvage cars that the vin is destroyed.
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

LaOtto70Charger

Which license branch did you go to?  In Auburn they wouldn't let me register a snow mobile trailer because the police officer wrote down a number stamped onto the trailer.  She claimed they couldn't accept the paperwork because the trailer shouldn't have any number on it.  So if that branch will let you make a VIN, maybe they'll accept my paperwork.

dakotaboy