News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 quarter window regulator replacement hints?

Started by BrianShaughnessy, October 17, 2007, 06:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

I'm in the middle of a project...  replacing quarter window regulators.      THIS SUCKS!   

Aside from working on them while your quarter panel is cut off and waiting for a replacement to get welded on...  who's been successful at doing this ?

Any words of wisdom?  Thanks.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

OttawaCharger

I'll have to see if I can dig up the pics but if I recall correctly, you have to disassemble them somewhat while they're still in the hole.   :ahum:
the project charger book had a few words of wisdom on it too I think. 
Sorry I'm not much more help.  It's been a while since I looked at it.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

BrianShaughnessy

Pass. side done.   This reallly sucks.  :eyes:   Another side to go.

I hope none of you lurkers ever has to do this and ask for help   :slap:

OttawaCharger

Sorry Brian, I couldn't find any helpful pictures.   ::) Did you take it apart inside the cavity like I mentioned?

Mine came out the hole the windows rolls up through.  Makes me wonder how I'll get it back in without chipping the paint  :rotz:

Good luck with the drivers side  :yesnod:

BrianShaughnessy

Yeah - thanks.   :cheers:   Half disassembled it in the cavity and then had to put half of it back together inside also.   It's a lot of fun with everything greased up with green synthetic brake grease.

I used a bent up coat hanger to help hold the frame up so I could line up some of the rollers into the tracks.    That also came in handy when I dropped a wrench down the rocker panel  :P

OttawaCharger

A funny thing - when I took mine apart, I found an old box wrench down in the hole.  Makes me wonder how long it was in there.  Factory issue maybe?  :scratchchin:  :D
The coat hanger is a good idea - I'll remember that one when my turn comes  :yesnod:

Cheers!
:cheers:
Glenn