News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats it worth????

Started by tin_soldier, September 29, 2005, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

SoI have been parting out a few 3rd gen Chargers.  This guy contacted me asking for Fender tags and matching VIN which I have both.   The reason he needs it cause some punk came to were he is storing his chargers and stole them off his car.  The fender tags and vin come off a 71 Charger 500. 

He is looking for a package deal for the tags, vin, and 4spd tranny (23 spline). 

What do guys think would be a fair deal??   ::)

Not looking to rob the guy.  I can'nt use it so might as well sell it to some who can.

Nupe

QuoteThe reason he needs it cause some punk came to were he is storing his chargers and stole them off his car.   The fender tags and vin come off a 71 Charger 500.  

Or he is trying to register a stolen vehicle!   If he really owns the car and the tags are stolen the state will reissiue a number and tag.

You pulling the VIN tag was illegal and even more so if you sell them.   That would be rebody McFly!   ::)

'79 Lil'Red Express.

mustanghater

any 3rd gens recently stolen?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

tin_soldier

I bought the 71 500 fair and square.  The car was rotted so bad it got chopped up.  So selling the VIN and Tags to someone else to have a real macthing #'s 500 is illegal you say???

So what am I to do with it?? Through it out.  I just can't see that happening.

Nupe

Yes.   I don't know where you live or how you couldn't know, but removing the VIN tag is illegal.   You can't just put the tags on another vehicle!   :icon_smile_dead:

Is this a joke??   You should throw the tags away.

'79 Lil'Red Express.

ramit

hey tin soldier, if the vin tag you had was from a 71 rt hemi car and he was putting it on a car that was originally a 318 car his car would suddenly be worth a lot more money.  Not to mention if was ever to sell the car and not disclose that info he would be totally screwwing somebody over.  Throw the vin tag and title in the garbage.

Troy

Quote from: tin_solider on September 29, 2005, 05:19:16 PM
I bought the 71 500 fair and square. The car was rotted so bad it got chopped up. So selling the VIN and Tags to someone else to have a real macthing #'s 500 is illegal you say???

So what am I to do with it?? Through it out. I just can't see that happening.

The only thing that would make it "real" are the tags and body stampings. Putting the numbers on a different car is illegal. The "real" one is gone you said. Haven't we covered this before?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twilt

Quote from: tin_solider on September 29, 2005, 05:19:16 PM
I bought the 71 500 fair and square.  The car was rotted so bad it got chopped up.  So selling the VIN and Tags to someone else to have a real macthing #'s 500 is illegal you say???

So what am I to do with it?? Through it out.  I just can't see that happening.
C`mon this is a no brainer. The car that the VIN and fender tag(s) belonged to got chopped up. Why would you not discard them? That car no longer exists. By the way,  placing those items on another car is a felony in all 50 states. why would you want to be a party to the misrepresentation of another car?
If the persons plight is real, in many cases they can get a new replacement VIN from the state that they live in. as far as fender tags, i think that they me be available repro with proper documentation, particularly a build sheet.  of course the subject of  repro fender tags is an entirely different can of worms.       

tin_soldier

Thanks for the info.  As stupid as it sounds but the thought didn't even cross my mind.  Car is dead and so is the tags.

Badbob

Sell them for all you can get, so it's illegal, so is speeding and running red lights.

Blown70

Quote from: Badbob on September 29, 2005, 09:30:00 PM
Sell them for all you can get, so it's illegal, so is speeding and running red lights.

:smilielol:

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

4402tuff4u

A thief stole only the fender tag and vin!! Who are we kidding?? Leave the tag and vin under your pillow. The fairy god mother will take them! ;D
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"