News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New project and my first charger!

Started by 79JON, September 24, 2007, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

79JON

Ive been checking out this site for a long time but have never had a charger.  Some of you might remember my old car which was a Flat black 68 coronet with a six pack hood, torq thrust II's      I had to sell that car and havent had a mopar since.  But yesterday I bought my new project..  71 Charger SE 383/727    bucket seats, console, 150 speedo, disc brakes, hideaway headlights.      Its pretty rough and it will take money and time to get it back on the road.  It has dents and rust here and there but its surprisingly complete and unmolested under the dash and the engine bay and wiring harness.  Which is what I wanted, not a hacked up car.  Thanks T Foster for letting me know about it! haha

41husk

looks like a good project, good luck with it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

ChargerSG

Dont look to bad, hope you get it running in notime :cheers: Or are you gonna strip it down totally?
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

79JON

Thanks!   For right now im gonna clean everything out real good to see exactly what needs to be done.  My first job is to tear the shag carpet out  :brickwall:  to see what the floors look like. But I think im gonna get it driveable first then slowly do body work.  I just want to be able to move it around the yard. 

Charger_Fan

Looks like a good project from here, congrats! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BigBlackDodge

Thats not a Charger! Thats a THIRD GEN! :nana:

j/k!

Good luck with her!

BBD

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

69charger2002

glad ya got it captain! i know you got a good deal on that car at what you paid for it.. you will have it running in no time.. sorry i couldn't find you a 68-70 for under a grand..even I'M not that good lol.. but hey at least it's a charger!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TruckDriver

:cheers: :cheers: All you need to do now is join my 3rd Gen site :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

you picked a third gen which means you picked the best!  :nana: good luck check out the third gen site

Silver R/T

decent project, welcome to the site. Good luck with the Charger.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

79JON

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate.  Oh Travis,   you must be slacking if you cant pick up a 68-70 charger for under 1K anymore..  haha  :nana:  Just kidding.   

dukeboy_318

welcome to the club man,  i know the feeling, its tough to find any charger now adays under a grand. 
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Bob

Great find :cheers: Getting into the 3rd Gens is pretty cool.

CornDogsCharger

Here are a few other pictures of the car once we got it to my place and started cleaning it up.  We got the 383 to turn over.  We jumped a wire over from the battery to the coil and tried to run it off a gas jug, but it didn't seem to fire.  Since we were running out of time we haven't messed with it since.  We'll replace a few elctronic goodies and then go at it again.  We'll keep you posted.

Justin
"CornDog" 

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

RD

looking good!!! i picked up a sister to that car 2 years ago for 900 dollars here in kansas.  same color, SE, 383, you name it.  I sold it to a friend of mine for the same amount I got it for.  He is now restoring it for his wife.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

79JON

Thanks...   I dont plan on putting it back to stock colorwize but the drivetrain will remain somewhat the same.   It will be Orange with a bulge hood (blacked out) and RT stripe.  The car looks pretty rough in the pictures but the way I look at it every old mopar deserves to be restored and not parted out.  I just wanted to start out with something that was under a grand and possibly with a big block not to rusty and thats what I got.   I will have to put a new driver floor in but the rest is solid.  The framerails are solid and left side of the trunk floor is rusted out right side is mint.    Ill just have to patch the quarters since there are no reproduction quarter panels for them.   But im really happy that its pretty much a complete car with alot of good reusable interior parts.   It will be a long process but main goal is to learn alot and have a fun cruiser when im done.