News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C

Started by Jesco, October 09, 2007, 03:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

Hi,
First, I dont run the A/C on my car. Have no part left for it (only the extra short hose to the in/out fender wall)- dont want have A/C either.

Have been thinking of plug the holes on the fender wall, only run the regular two hoses.

Now to the question, I still run the heater/cooling hoses to inlet/outlet with a short hose to the A/C thing. Do I need that or can I put some plastic plugs to these in/outlets?? What is the extra hose for, if I remove them and plug it and only run the two regular hoses, is the cooling fluid left in the "thing"? What is the "thing"

1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

charger Downunder

If you take off the A/c by pass unit you wont be able to controll heater temp, turn the flow on and off you will end up with a hole in the fire wall
once its removed.If you did remove it and hook the hoses up directly to the heater unit you would have to install a cable operated tap to turn the flow on and off. Plus you will have to change the nipple from the front of the engine as the hose is a differant size and the bracket on the inner guard will now be too small to take the bigger hose size. I changed mine years ago and have un hooked it since i will be going back to how you have yours.Looks more original the only problem for me is i will have to relocate my orange ignition unit.May be put it on the iside inner guard.
[/quote]

Jesco

My heater hoses is 5/8", I think and the short is 5/8" too. I have one short and one long heater hose fitting on the engine. That fits good. What is the larger diameter hoses 1/2? Is that used on AC cars?
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

charger Downunder

I cant remember the hose sizes as mine are removed but one leading up to the heater by pass unit was smaller and then it went into the bypass and came out a wider one in a u shaped hose conecting to the fire wall.
[/quote]

472 R/T SE

'69 & older were both the same size.  '70 & up used 5/8" & 1/2".