News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan shroud adapting??

Started by Ghoste, September 14, 2007, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Okay, here is what I am planning to do;  I have a 22 inch rad in my car, and the 1967 rad shroud is supposed to be a metal.  Mancini, (and others I'm sure) offer a fan shroud repro in fiberplastic that would be correct for the 69 models.  They also have the fan shroud brackets for 67 cars (which are also somewhat different) but no shroud for 67.
My question is, can I adapt the 69 style shroud to the 67 style bracket without performing a major boogerotomy on any of the affected parts?:scratchchin:

Ghoste

hemigeno

You '67 guys are just too special   :D

Oh, and I have no clue...  (yeah, I know - fat lot of good this post did)

Ghoste

It made me snicker.  That's gotta count for something.

70charger_boy

After market radiators have holes where you can attach nuts and bolts to attach the shroud.  OEM radiators already have the studs welded in.  So, I would say that you can mod it to fit

Ghoste

67 doesn't have the studs welded in.  It has holes in the rad bracket where you mount smaller brackets to which the shroud is then bolted.  67 also used a metal shroud so that is where the questions draw from.  I can get the brackets to mount a shroud to my rad but unless the 69 style shroud can be mounted to the 67 style brackets...

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2007, 03:56:18 AM
67 doesn't have the studs welded in.  It has holes in the rad bracket where you mount smaller brackets to which the shroud is then bolted.  67 also used a metal shroud so that is where the questions draw from.  I can get the brackets to mount a shroud to my rad but unless the 69 style shroud can be mounted to the 67 style brackets...

Sorry, I was thinking of the sec gens.  I still think ot can be done

Ghoste

I think so too but I also think that before I spend my money, I'm going to take the car over to Mancinis next Saturday and visually verify it in the parking lot first.

gtx6970

if your gonna use the repop 69 shorud , use the 69 style mounting brackets and your done - both are avail

I'll forewarn you, there are issues on the repop shrouds and you may want to reconsider or at the very least wait before buying one - imo

Ghoste

I don't think the 69 style brackets will mount properly to my rad but more importantly, what are these issues with the repop shrouds?

gtx6970

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2007, 03:47:44 AM
I don't think the 69 style brackets will mount properly to my rad but more importantly, what are these issues with the repop shrouds?

they warp when exposed to heat. new material is being sourced that has a higher heat range or melting point , hopefully this will cure the problems.

measure your rad shroud mntg bracket mounting points and I'll measure the 69 brackets for comparison

Ghoste

Okay thanks Bill.  Any idea when the new shrouds should be out?

gtx6970

as of last week, backorders will be filled over the next 30 to 60 days

Upholstery guy

How much do the shrouds cost?  :scratchchin:

gtx6970

Quote from: Upholstery guy on September 25, 2007, 09:55:01 PM
How much do the shrouds cost?  :scratchchin:

price depends on application
as an example the 1969 B-body 22 inch rad shrouds are $169 then the 1969 mounting brckts are $70