News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh boy, My son asked a question about fire I can't answer.... HELP!

Started by TruckDriver, September 25, 2005, 10:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

My 5yo son asked me "what is fire made out of?" I have never really gave that much thought and I have no idea :shruggy: Anyone that can answer that?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Oxygen, heat and fuel. Remove one of those three from a fire and you no longer have a fire. But are you looking for the chemical makeup or the basic componants of what makes a fire?

TruckDriver

He just asked me what fire was made of. I dont believe it is anything I can explain to him easily for him to understand. :-\
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Headrope

He's only five, right? He doesn't need to know the scientific makeup of fire. You might try explaining only that it's made of "hot" and "can hurt."
Make fire too exciting for him and he might become interested in it.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

It's the contents of a usually short, one-sided conversation from one's boss to an employee. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MoparYoungGun

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 25, 2005, 08:26:52 PM
It's the contents of a usually short, one-sided conversation from one's boss to an employee. :D

Should of known you would say something like that :smilielol:
PETE

Fire is energy plain and simple.  A log for isntance is years and years of stored sun energy being released.  It's kind of like an atomic bomb.  The huge explosion is all the pent up energy in the atoms being released.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Headrope

Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.