News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's it worth? 70 Charger

Started by 7chargers, October 08, 2007, 09:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

Toying with the idea of selling one of my chargers to make some more room. I was hoping that you all might be able to help me fiqure out how much I should ask for it.
It's a 1970 charger 500 383 car. It is definitley a project car.
The Good: Good front and rear galss,door glass, hood is decent, grill and front bumper are better than average, front suspension is there, nice roof, good doors, good deck lid, tail pannel fair shape, rear seats, good front valance and clean title.

The BadGoing to need rear frame rails, trunk pan, half quarters, some floor work , lower rear valance, needs front seats. center counsole, instrument pannel, wing glass, rear quarter glass,  and odds and ends that we all know go with these cars.

It is a roller and worth restoration even though it would be costly (then again chargers are) In my opionion its not a parts car.

I will try and post pics tomorrow when I get a chance, Thanks guys I value your responses!!

70charger_boy

69charger2002

i try to steer clear of frame rot cars.. they can be fixed sure.. but if you can't do it yourself it gets $$$$ FAST.. i personally wouldn't pay over $2000 for it, but don't take my opinion to heart. seems like lots of northerners and canadians love to bid crazy money on frame rotten cars on ebay.. maybe they think they have no choice.. either way good luck selling it
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

7chargers

Yeah I agree about the frame issues, thats why I'm not sure a price, If it was a southern or California car I would think around 3 or 4 grand but thats why I'm here getting the  advice, Thanks Trav

69charger2002

no prob i was hoping you wouldn't take that the wrong way. as i wasn't downing your car at all. you asked for honest opinions..  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 7chargers on October 08, 2007, 10:50:32 PM
Yeah I agree about the frame issues, thats why I'm not sure a price, If it was a southern or California car I would think around 3 or 4 grand but thats why I'm here getting theĀ  advice, Thanks Trav

Does it have the original engine? If so then I think your 3K to 4K range is a bit low and it should be around 5k to 6k.

Ghoste

For a rolling shell?  Maybe not quite a shell, but it's going to need a lot of other parts and money to bring it back.

7chargers

Yes,
its more of a rolling shell, No the original motor and tranny are long gone, I do have a 318 , and tranny to go with the car.  Besides some of the parts I listed with the orginal post I would consider it a rolling shell project.