News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

don't know what to call it, but trying to find...

Started by joflaig, September 12, 2007, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

I'm looking for the small rectangular trim piece that the turning light sits in on the driver's front quarter. Anyone know if there are repros out there?

The other piece I need is tougher. The mounting welded onto the frame rail where the front of the passenger's side rear spring is mounted is banged up. Somebody must have bottom out on something a long time ago. I'm sure there can't be a reproduction part for that (at least I haven't found it yet).

Any pointers would be appreciated!

keepat

Are you taking about the side maker light/reflector housing for a 69? Don't think they repro them yet! As for your forward leaf spring mount check with www.safetcap.com they have new and used frame parts.
Good luck!
Pat   

joflaig

Yes that's exactlty right.

Thanks for the tip on the mount!

Ghoste

While on the topic, are the reflector housings for a 69 Charger unique to the Charger?  Or do they interchange with Coronets and Belvederes and so forth?

joflaig

I called Safe T Cap, it's not listed on their site, but they do sell replacement front leaf mounts! They run about 150 bucks.

jsampsell

joflaig,

Hey, this is Jeremy at Auto Metal Direct.  Are the top pieces in the picture below what you are talking about?

If that's the case, then it's actually three pieces that make up that mount and we have them available pre-welded and EDP coated for $239.95 for the front set and $349.95 for the front/rear kit (2 front and 2 rear pieces).

I'm not trying to pull your business away from Safe T Cap.  I'm just offering this as another option for you.  A lot of people I talk to go ahead and replace both the fronts and rears at the same time and our kit price is 25% off of the price it would be if you bought the front and rear sets separately.

So, give me a call if you are interested.

Jeremy Sampsell
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

joflaig

I'm driving around with your taillight panel as is.

I really only need the one front piece on the passenger side. Can that be sold seperately?

jsampsell

I'll have to check if we will be selling them individually.  They are priced individually but they are boxed as a set, so I'll have to ask my boss when he comes in this morning.  I'll let you know.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309