News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 upper tail panel moulding

Started by 68charger383, September 05, 2007, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

Is this the upper tail panel moulding on the tail panel...the straight piece that goes across the upper part of tail panel between the tail lights. Just want to make sure...don't need another spare part around.

MR-42290 1968 Charger Center Rear Pot-Metal replacement tailpanel chrome decorative moulding.
   68 Charger  $26.00

http://www.laysons.com/

Anyone buy the part form this vender...is it a nice piece?

Thanks in advance,

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Joshua

I don't think so.....the upper is stainless.
I believe that part is for the lower, center trim.

Winged 1

:flame:
Warning Warning!!! Be very careful of ANY type of purchases from that so called vendor..
As a good friend of mine would say, ASK ME ABOUT LAYSON'S!!!
:RantExplode: :RantExplode:
Eric

68charger383

I called and the guy was telling me he thinks its the 3" trim piece...I guess the one thats under the tail light.

I guess based on the post from Winged...I'll stay clear of them.

Does anyone else sell the piece, mine has a ding in it?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

squeakfinder

There's two pieces that I cam think of. Sorry I'm not clear witch one your talking about. There is one that goes along the edge of the trunk (stainless?) and there is the trim below it that runs between the taillights.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

keepat

Quote from: 68charger383 on September 05, 2007, 10:03:42 PM
Is this the upper tail panel moulding on the tail panel...the straight piece that goes across the upper part of tail panel between the tail lights. Just want to make sure...don't need another spare part around.

MR-42290 1968 Charger Center Rear Pot-Metal replacement tailpanel chrome decorative moulding.
   68 Charger  $26.00

http://www.laysons.com/

Anyone buy the part form this vender...is it a nice piece?

Thanks in advance,

The s/s trim that you are looking for is not available re-pro! Yet? How bad is your dented trim? There are people who can repair your s/s.
Pat

68charger383

Its the one that run along the top between the taillights...screws and mounting tabs are seen when you open the trunk lid. Nice Charger Keep
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Troy

They are not reproduced... *yet*. I just sent one of mine off to be used as a template. The ones on Layson's site (I presume since their site refuses to work correctly in Firefox) are the smaller trim pieces that go between the taillights on a 68.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger383

Thanks Troy, I'll keep my eyes open for the repop when they come out.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10