News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tornado! Now with pics

Started by Mean 318, August 27, 2007, 01:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 30, 2007, 07:13:17 PM
people know that the particular area gets hit hard, why do they still live there? I think its time to move on.

That might be the single most ignorant thing I have ever read on here.  My family is From that area going back over 100 Years and not once have they been hit with a tornado. The odds of getting hit this hard are minimal, but it does happen. Where do you live that you think you can escape mother nature's Wrath? It's not comparable to building a million dollar home in a Flood plane, or since the Katrina bubbles already been popped, building your city in a soup bowl surrounded by water.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Silver R/T

where I live climate is very good, we don't get hit hard with anything at all.
In the past 10 years I lived here only had one minor earthquake that most people wouldn't even know about unless they talked about it on the news.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mean 318

69bronzeT5

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on August 31, 2007, 11:14:59 AM
building your city in a soup bowl surrounded by water.

Is it just me or why can I see Silver try to attempt that? :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Bandit72

those grain bin pictures remind me of a few years ago where a tornado caught the corner of a town near me (no residential property was hurt) but those big bins are actually "sucked in" like that...due to major pressure changes really quick....pretty interesting i thought
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

RECHRGD

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 31, 2007, 11:57:42 AM
where I live climate is very good, we don't get hit hard with anything at all.
In the past 10 years I lived here only had one minor earthquake that most people wouldn't even know about unless they talked about it on the news.

Silver--You must have just missed the ICE STORM about 10 or 11 years ago.  I was without power for 17 days in the middle of winter and lost about 20% of the marketable timber on my property.  People in town had trees coming down on their houses.  You can't avoid Mother Nature.  BTW, I just learned last week that a guy I worked with grew up in that town and still has family back there.  They received substantial damage, but no injurys.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Bandit72 on September 03, 2007, 10:12:50 PM
those grain bin pictures remind me of a few years ago where a tornado caught the corner of a town near me (no residential property was hurt) but those big bins are actually "sucked in" like that...due to major pressure changes really quick....pretty interesting i thought

You are right! Things implode not explode during a twister. In my buddys house you could hear the roar start and the air pressure change pickup. Like being in an airplane on take off but times 100. Gets to where your ears hurt and you think maybe something is gonna pop and the KABANG! The house lets go and all hell breaks loose inside the house. Everything implodes and then after that its noise and shake and stuff flying around hitting things inside and outside and then the roar leaves and its overwith all in about 20 seconds.

Todd

Steve P.

If there is anything good about this, at least most everything is where it started off.  A few years ago when we got pounded by hurricane after hurricane you could not tell where anything started, belonged or ended. It was total devastation for miles and miles.. Much of the worst hit area is still not rebuilt. Much like the Katrina hit areas.

You never want to piss off your mother or MOTHER NATURE...  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Todd Wilson

Its gonna be a long night. Its 2:40am. At 2:30am I was just awaken to the loud crash of thunder as a storm starts to roll through. After the loud thunder I lay in bed half asleep and suddenly I hear it. The sirens are going off! I am out of bed like a shot and after a few minutes the sirens go off. I guess they malfunctioned due to the lightning.Everyone is back to sleep and I am awake and ready for the next ass whoopin from mother nature! The small storm has about passed!

Todd

hemi68charger

Dang,, that's some serious damage !!!!!   
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection