News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm retiring tomorrow!

Started by RECHRGD, August 29, 2007, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Quote from: skip68 on August 31, 2007, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on August 29, 2007, 08:14:36 PM
I'm going to retire tomorrow at 59 after a long career in electrical contracting.  Business is just not fun anymore.  The projects used to be interesting and challenging, giving you a feeling of accomplishment at every project conclusion.  These days you seem to just be defending yourself against or preparing to file a claim (lawsuit) against general contractors or owners.  It's all about the money and I'm just tired.  I have years of honey do's to catch up on and am looking forward to spending more time on the Charger.  I have mixed feelings about all this and wonder if I'll be wanting a job at Walmart after a couple of years.  Anyway, wish me luck.   Bob

Congrats on your retirement!  :cheers:  Ironically, we just opened a commercial & residential electrical company!! Wish us luck!
Mr. & Mrs. Skip68 ;)

Best of luck to you guys.  It's alot of work, but the potential is great if your smart about it.  I'm full of useless information if you ever have any questions.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Congrats Bob....you made it to the finish line in one piece.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

rare69

Congratulations! I just watched two guys from work retire today, one after 37 years and one after 35 was great to see. hope you enjoy every minute.

dodgecharger-fan

Congrats!

Enjoy it. If you do find that you need to get back in to something to keep your sanity, find something that you enjoy doing - who says there has to be stress in a job - and where the money really doesn't matter. Your "pay" will be good mental health. You don't have to go back to the grind, either. Look for something fun with low "BS" potential. Or volunteer.

skip68

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 31, 2007, 07:47:16 PM
Quote from: skip68 on August 31, 2007, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on August 29, 2007, 08:14:36 PM
I'm going to retire tomorrow at 59 after a long career in electrical contracting.  Business is just not fun anymore.  The projects used to be interesting and challenging, giving you a feeling of accomplishment at every project conclusion.  These days you seem to just be defending yourself against or preparing to file a claim (lawsuit) against general contractors or owners.  It's all about the money and I'm just tired.  I have years of honey do's to catch up on and am looking forward to spending more time on the Charger.  I have mixed feelings about all this and wonder if I'll be wanting a job at Walmart after a couple of years.  Anyway, wish me luck.   Bob

Congrats on your retirement!  :cheers:  Ironically, we just opened a commercial & residential electrical company!! Wish us luck!
Mr. & Mrs. Skip68 ;)

Best of luck to you guys.  It's alot of work, but the potential is great if your smart about it.  I'm full of useless information if you ever have any questions.  Bob

Thanks! We will probably take you up on your offer!  :2thumbs:
P.S. If you get really bored, you can come to Tennessee and finish our Charger! Hehehe! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!