News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ray Barton

Started by 69Chrgr, August 30, 2007, 02:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Anybody here ever order an engine from Ray Barton? Would appreciate any customer feedback.

Thanks,
Darren

keepat

I order two engines from Craig at Ray Barton. They are slow, took 6 months to get the motors. But the work is awesome and the attention to detail is great! Ray Barton built two 472ci Hemi, one for me and one for a friend. Both motor had 14 pulls on the dyno and both motors are now one year old with no problems!

Pricey but 1st class people :2thumbs:

charger2fast4u

thats one nice engine what kind of dyno numbers are you pulling how much was he charging  for it and what kind of carbs are you running

keepat

Quote from: charger2fast4u on August 30, 2007, 07:54:21 PM
thats one nice engine what kind of dyno numbers are you pulling how much was he charging  for it and what kind of carbs are you running

711 hp  on Pump gas cost over 20k and the carbs are by Edlebrock. Thanks!
Pat

70charger_boy

Hey Pat.  You really need to get that car in the Bullrun next season!!!!!!!!!!!

keepat

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 30, 2007, 09:33:37 PM
Hey Pat.  You really need to get that car in the Bullrun next season!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe my next car? I'm going to build a 1970,71,72, or 73 Trans Am just like the YearOne Bandit! but some other color not black. I see you have a 75 or 76 Trans Am :2thumbs:
Pat

70charger_boy

Yeah, I have a 75.  I would love to see a 70-73 T/A on TV.  Those are the best years.  Hurry up and get-r-done :2thumbs:

69Chrgr

Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking at the 472 and the 528. Is your 472 very streetable? Very tastefully done I might add.

keepat

Streetable! thats a good question! If you are looking to drive across country you don't need 472 ci and 700hp.
but if you are just driving to the track and/or a car show or just out every now and then, I would say, Yes its streetable. In traffic at a stop light it runs 185 on a hot day. I will put under 1500 miles this year on my Charger and so far I've put only 400 miles on it.
Pat