News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Bee's and RT 1st Annual (update w/image link)

Started by JohnnyBee, August 26, 2007, 06:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

Well I had the 1st annual Super Bee and RT party.

We had:
(5) '71 Super Bee owners,  (4) Cars
(1) '71 RT owner (1) Car
(1) '70 Bee owner (1) car

The weather was a  a little hit and miss. Peter Morthen from Sydney, Australia also came. He gets the longest traveled award!!! Thanks Peter!!

Next year I hope more can make it (and I'll have it in cooler weather)

41husk

sweet, were was the event located?  I have a nice looking 73 Wana Bee, with air grabber hood, I guess that wouldn't count :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71superbee

John,  Awesome picture of the bee's......wish I could have been there !

Hemidoug

Yea, where was it? Maybe I can make it next year with the 6 pack car. Be sure to let us know! :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

JohnnyBee

We had it near Cocoa/Melbourne, Florida. (My house).  It is on the east coast, centeral Florida.

I'll post more images on my web site this week.

mikesbbody

great pics john! ill be checking your site for more glad to hear pete made it  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Johnny !!!!
Wow, great pics... too bad I didn't have enough time to visit.. Isn't that Andy's R/T? Well, you know.. I fly all the way to Florida and Andy see's you over his bestest lifelong friend he grew up with and turned him into Mopars to begin with way back when... I see where I rate and see where the 1st Annual '71 Bee's and R/T gathering rates......    :nana:

I'm glad Andy got to come over there.. I know he was looking forward to it.... Those pics make me miss Whitey a lot.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TruckDriver

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: I gotta get you to join my site too one of these days ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dennis

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
I'll take the Yellow one.  OMG.  Beautiful cars all!

71ChallengeHer

Nacho-RT74

GOD great pics... you know what ? first pic looks very close to a scale modeling cars.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2007, 11:25:45 PM
GOD great pics... you know what ? first pic looks very close to a scale modeling cars.

I thought they were. I had to really look close :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

great pics!! wow! I'd be really interested in how those pics were taken to get that look...
...i guess the cars are o.k.   :lol: 
where's the rest of the cars though?.

Charger_Fan

Looks like the top pic was sorta fuzzed a little in the back with photoshop? The overall effect looks great! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JohnnyBee

More images here:

http://www.71superbee.com/0826071st_Annual_Super_Bees_and_RTs/

Thanks for the kind words. Even with just a few people, we still had a great time.

68RT4ME

Hi, This is Andy. I'm the guy with the Orange R/T. I wanted to say thank you to JohnnyBee and his wife for being such a great hosts at what turned out to be a great time at his home in Florida. I live about 65 miles south of him and it was worth the ride to hang out with him and this crew.

Peter, the guest of honor you might say, (since he came all the way from Austrialia) and his wife were just great folks and gave us all a new appreciation for our rides. I know I do. I look forward to the next event and I know it will only get bigger as news travels.

The pictures are awesome John. Thanks again....

BTW, Troy, sorry I missed you. You know your still my best bud.  Maybe next time we can get you there too.   :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 28, 2007, 10:40:17 AM

BTW, Troy, sorry I missed you. You know your still my best bud.  Maybe next time we can get you there too.   :2thumbs:

Oh,, Peer pressure still works...  :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

71 RT

That is the coolest picture!  Please let us all know when you do the next one, I would love to put my plum crazy car in the line up for next years picture.  Congratulations on a GREAT idea!

70charger_boy

I had to do a double take.  Those cars look like well placed, very colorful models.  Really cool, dude :2thumbs:

mopar1

Now I know why my 71 r/t charger is so rare up here / there all down there.