News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Due to struggles of life, I am selling my Charger....... **UPDATE 8/15/07 Pg.2**

Started by TruckDriver, August 11, 2007, 05:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Well, at least my girlfriend called me back later on. So, least that is a good thing right now.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

CDN72SE

Very sorry to hear about your situation, I've been dragging my Charger around since 1992 (when I last drove it), been on my parents driveway for years, been in outside storage, in a neighbours garage etc.  Though my situation was has never been as desperate as your, I've looked at my '72SE and thought it might just be better to sell it.  I was lucky in a sense that I had horded a lot of parts over the years and sold those to keep things a float.  I have vowed I would never sell mine but when a child's welfare is a stake or you are trying to simply survive, you gotta do what you gotta do.  When life is back in order you will find a replacement.  Hang in there and take things step-by-step.
1972 Charger SE

PocketThunder

Can you sell the truck or the mini-van first?  Or do you need them both?

Do you have to stay an asphalt truck driver or is there something else you like to do?  You could get your bartenders license, there is no shortage of bars in Wisconsin and there is no shortage of people that like to drink beer. :cheers:

What about being a heavy equipment operator for a construction company?  Or a crane operator.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

Get a small loan and hit an auction and sell stuff on eBay. That has kept me afloat for years and funded lots of projects.. I think most anyone could quit their job and just do eBay.  :Twocents: There just isn't any benifits or a retirement fund.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2007, 12:36:37 PM
Can you sell the truck or the mini-van first?  Or do you need them both?

Do you have to stay an asphalt truck driver or is there something else you like to do?  You could get your bartenders license, there is no shortage of bars in Wisconsin and there is no shortage of people that like to drink beer. :cheers:

What about being a heavy equipment operator for a construction company?  Or a crane operator.

The mini van is not worth anything. Least not more than $300. And I use both of my vehicles for different things at different times. Plus I like having a spare if one breaks down or needs work. My Dakota is the primary driver. As far as a job, I prefer to stay in dump trucks, or something local or in the state. I used to be a bouncer in my early 20s. I said that I'd never work in a bar again after that.  And now that I don't drink anymore, I don't even like to be near people when they are drunk. I get irritated quick. I always gave being a heavy equipment operator a thought because I have run a lot of them already here and there, but I would go nuts being in the same spot all day on the same job. I like to move around. I go crazy even when stockpiling in a gravel pit in the dump truck. The money is good though.

Quote from: The70RT on August 14, 2007, 06:27:02 PM
Get a small loan and hit an auction and sell stuff on eBay.

After my divorce, I had to file bankruptsy because of all the bills my ex made for me. I tried that.......... It ain't happening. :P

Anyway, I was with my girlfriend tonight, and after a good talk, I might not end up selling the Charger now. I will know for sure at the end of the week. Either way, it won't help my other issues right now.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Really?

It's a shame when you have to make that choice, but if you feel you are at the bottom now you'll come back up. Quite honestly, if you can sell it and save up some cash you may be in a great spot. Look at the financial news- Countrywide Mortgage is facing record late payments, deliquencies, and foreclosures. California has 10 cities in the top foreclosure spots. Economists are worried that this will just kill the markets, credit is going to get hard, and that there is a monry 'squeeze' going on (actually, the Fed is saying that and trying to avoid saying its a 'crunch'). The darkest predictions say that some areas will see a 50% reduction in housing prices. If that last statement even becomes a near reality, it is going to become a buyers market on TOYS! Muscle cars, boats, vacation homes, all the non-essentials will be flooding the market... :2thumbs: I don't look at it as profitting from misfortune (this is not Hurricane Katarina and you aren't running down to Louisiana w/ a tanker full of $10 a gallon gasoline), it is more like profitting from stupidity/failure to plan. You could even say you're being helpful because atleast the folks will have some cash.

TruckDriver

UPDATE ON THE CHARGER

Because of my girlfriend, and one of my co-working friends, the Charger will NOT be sold. My girlfriend and my friend Ted, talked me into keeping it. And finding and winning a good '72 rear sway bar on Ebay that our mod Chris was selling, and the fact that my friend Ted is going to take my Charger to his house, and is volentering to work on it to get it running and driving by next spring, made up my mind. All I have to do is buy the needed items and buy the beer. Ted says the car will be safe to drive where ever next spring. He said we can add some more horsepower to it too ;) So, needless to say, I'm stoked to get working on the car again even though it will be slow going. Least it will be steady progress.

As far as everything else, I am still dealing with it. But I guess, it could be worse. I thank all of you guys for your support. I guess maybe I panicked.
PETE

Ponch ®

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 15, 2007, 11:31:20 AM
UPDATE ON THE CHARGER

Because of my girlfriend, and one of my co-working friends, the Charger will NOT be sold. My girlfriend and my friend Ted, talked me into keeping it. And finding and winning a good '72 rear sway bar on Ebay that our mod Chris was selling, and the fact that my friend Ted is going to take my Charger to his house, and is volentering to work on it to get it running and driving by next spring, made up my mind. All I have to do is buy the needed items and buy the beer. Ted says the car will be safe to drive where ever next spring. He said we can add some more horsepower to it too ;) So, needless to say, I'm stoked to get working on the car again even though it will be slow going. Least it will be steady progress.

As far as everything else, I am still dealing with it. But I guess, it could be worse. I thank all of you guys for your support. I guess maybe I panicked.

GREAT NEWS! I always hate reading about one of our guys who has to part with his car for certain reasons...but I'm more happy to hear that the car is staying put!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lowprofile

Thats great news Pete!  :2thumbs:

Keep your chin up Bro, something will come thru.  :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

red72chrgr

Alright!!!  :boogie: :boogie:  Glad to hear at least one thing worked in your favor.
Nothing personal, just business

Bob

ipstrategies

Great news keep the Charger, things will work out.  I spent a long time looking for my Charger I wanted a 71 383 Magnum (sure I love RT and Superbees and want at least a bulge hood, if not no biggie) but mine is an Se with Superbee driveline. I have been gathering extras an will sell them before the car. Keep the faith and things have a way of working out.

I am very happy you are not selling. You waited a long time to get it home from Arizona, glad you friends have stepped in to help.

Russ
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

Brock Samson

Charger1973

NHCharger

Pete, that's great news. Sounds like you have some great friends. Your G/F sounds like a keeper. :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 15, 2007, 11:31:20 AM
UPDATE ON THE CHARGER

Congratulations, Pete! Sometimes it really pays to take a step back and count to 10.  If you only knew how many times I was ready to grab the sawzall and cut all of my cars up into little bitty pieces  :hack:

mikesbbody

chargermick

That's great news. Maybe this will be the beginning of good things to come.

wjmopar

If you can't Dodge it,
RAM it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 15, 2007, 10:36:00 PM
Congratulations, Pete! Sometimes it really pays to take a step back and count to 10.  If you only knew how many times I was ready to grab the sawzall and cut all of my cars up into little bitty pieces  :hack:

if you ever do chop them up call me and let me know...I'll take parts...LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

derailed

Great to see things made a come around for you Pete, sounds like some good friends you have there. Ever think about hauling gas and fuel oil? usually steady year round work.

89MOPAR

Excellent news.  You must keep that Girlfriend !!
The only thing I'd caution against now is dropping too much money on the Charger in the coming year.

Get what you NEED to get it running .  Not what you WANT to make it more Horsepower. I know there is lots of little tricks for 2 Hp here and 5 HP there, but what would be best is if it ran and drove safely.  Get it running ,get it safe, then make it fast.

But before all that - get some $$ in the bank.  Even if it is just one paychecks worth. 
I can tell you the difference I feel if i am strictly paycheck to paycheck , compared to when i get ahead of the game, with a  thousand $$ set aside... is truly night and day.   It is piece of mind.   :scratchchin:..... :icon_smile_cool:
  I am no-one to tell people not to hoard parts or buy "speed up" items . If i added up the amount I've spent "improving" cars over the years, I'm sure I would be staggered by the amount.
     ***  But a rear sway bar will not keep you warm and dry or fed + clothed.
   Your charger will get there. figure out how to lower your storage costs [ sounds like Ted is the hookup ] and you'll be able to get some "sanity money" set aside.
      It's safe , sane, and boring advice ----but it works.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

TruckDriver

Quote from: derailed on August 17, 2007, 10:28:54 AM
Great to see things made a come around for you Pete, sounds like some good friends you have there. Ever think about hauling gas and fuel oil? usually steady year round work.

I have no intrest in getting my Hazmat endorsement or Tank endorsements. I'd love to pull a dump trailer or a grain trailer all year around. There is a company here that does that, but I heard several stories over the years to how they can be difficult to work for. Sucks as all they run are Peterbilts. And not everything has made a turn around. I now only have 2 weeks to move into a new place, and I still can't find one I can afford. Either that, or they turn me down because of my past bankruptcy due to my past marriage  ::)  I just looked at my check stub for the year, and right as of this week, I so far have made around $7,000 less this year than I did last year at this time. Oil prices are truly killing the asphalt industry. I am only getting about 40 hours a week average when most of my income is based on overtime. There really isn't much though this year :brickwall:  It also doesn't help that the place I work for is sliding behind in the pay scale area. A lot of places here are starting at around $4.00 a hour more then I make now. Although, I am more worried about being at a job where I happy then a job that pays real good, and I hate it. Been there, done that :P
PETE