News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hardcore Racing - Were they at Carlylse??

Started by Dodge Don, July 09, 2007, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Don, I find it odd that anybody actually made a purchase. No Insult intended.  :mrt:  :-* LEON.

0X01B8

maybe I should have summarized the link I put above...it says their Flint operation is boarded up and closed.  Another page lists info about an auction of the stuff at the Flint place a couple months ago.  also, try a google search with ronnie duke + "fraud" or "mortgage" and you'll see some interesting stuff.  as for the panels, I'd imagine  somewhere there's a company (owed a lot of money) with all the tooling and whatnot so I'd bet they come out anyway.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 01, 2007, 06:51:23 PM
Don, I find it odd that anybody actually made a purchase. No Insult intended.  :mrt:  :-* LEON.

I don't.  His car is in the shop now and could use the quarters.  If they are anything close to what they said quality wise it should be a major improvement over the junk for sale nowadays and what it takes to make them look good.  You're a body and paint guy, isn't there money to be saved not spending it on labor?
If I were in his shoes I would have done the same thing.  :shruggy: 

hemi-hampton

I was only teasing Don. My self I would have waited to find rustfree donors or donor car before I even brought to the body shop. I know I know, everybody say's good luck, get real, whatcha been smokin, But not long ago I seen a 100% totally rustfree california burnt orange 70 charger on ebay for only a lousy $5,000. The 318 motor was gone & interior gone but solid rustfree & I think original paint. I wanted it for it's original burnt orange rims. If I had 5 grand I would have bought for the rims. Then could have recouped my 5 grand back just by selling the 2 1/4 panels. Really, if you want the best job or quality only 2 ways to do it, NOS 1/4 or or good used rustfree. All other options of aftermarket are only good for a low quality daily driver that may get 1st place at local Burger King at best. A Possible 3rd option would be if someone actually made a full complete NOS style high quality aftermarket panel. Hopefully with that new company AMD in Georgia Don & us all will get our wish. I've put on way to much Aftermarket sheetmetal to know most of it sucks with poor fit. I would rather make my own patch to patch a original rusty 1/4 then replace whole bottom half with a aftermarket. LEON.

Mike DC

So Hardcore's entire huge dealership-turned-store in Flint is boarded up now? 

Man, that was fast.

I had heard that Ronnie Duke was making his real coin in real estate, and the whole HR operation was just a big fun money-loser.
It makes sense that the money might have been huge 2-4 years ago and then suddenly be in trouble now.

Whatever.  I don't know the real facts and I'm not shedding any tears over it.
We'd still have one more numbers-matching '69 RT on earth if it weren't for HR, and now AMD is doing the new Charger panels anyway.

Dodge Don

Relax folks  :cheers:

I didn't take it as a slight. I knew I was protected if things turned out badly and Leon you know my story from the 70 site. If it meant getting my car done sooner I'd spend the $$ even though it's too much. I have zero time to hunt down rust free donor cars and I'm at the dreaded "whatever it takes to get it done and on the road" phase.

Mike is one of my closest friends out there and we may be overly enthusiastic in defending eachothers honour at times. But that's what friends do. No harm no foul.

I sent a note to Jeremy at AMD, waiting to hear back.

hemi-hampton

I was being sarcastic with my comment, almost didn't post it because I thought maybe it might upset someone or taking as a insult. I like Don & would not insult him & from what I've seen he's doing a great job on his car & doing it right. One thing though, Restorations take 3 things, Lots of time, lots of Money, & lots of Patience. :scratchchin: LEON.

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 02, 2007, 09:38:29 AM
I was being sarcastic with my comment, almost didn't post it because I thought maybe it might upset someone or taking as a insult. I like Don & would not insult him & from what I've seen he's doing a great job on his car & doing it right. One thing though, Restorations take 3 things, Lots of time, lots of Money, & lots of Patience. :scratchchin: LEON.

So true. It's my patience that is running out, want to get that bad boy done and on the road.....I have Dodge Fever.