News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went and saw.....

Started by Topher, June 28, 2007, 03:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topher

The Transformers movie last night, and man is it GOOD! I wasn't into them as a kid and all I can say is you've GOT to go see it. I'm a fleet mechanic for a Pepsi location and we got some tickets for an advance screening, so the wife and I took my yougest son who's 12 and his friend to see it and we all had a good time. There's no lul in action, or entertainment, and it's over 2 hours long!
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Charger_Fan

I saw a preview for it on Father's day, it looked really good. :yesnod:
I did notice they seem to have a yellow prototype Cramaro in it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 28, 2007, 04:52:30 PM
I saw a preview for it on Father's day, it looked really good. :yesnod:
I did notice they seem to have a yellow prototype Cramaro in it.

Have you seen the latest Chevy commercials? Apparently they are sponsoring the advertising for it.

Brock Samson

everything these days is product placement, even the news these days runs stories on the home broadcast stations shows for example our local fox affiliate ran a seven minute story on american idol's winner at the top of the news...
things are pretty bad and getting worse in the who's in bed with who dept...

anyhow the movie looks interesting but i tire quickly of these effects driven infotainments with a tiny plot some where among the CGI...

anyhow,.. back in '68 the Kubrick film 2001 a space Odissey was hailed for it's pioneering use of real logos like the Bell Videophone, Pan Am space clipper and the Howard Johnson's space station... I think you can see the irony in that those Co.s  didn't made it to the new century...  :lol:

SeattleCharger

Just saw Transformers.  early showing.    This movie will be huge.   It is awesome.   I know I loved that cartoon as a kid, and they even used the original guy for Optimus Prime as the cartoon.  Car people will love this movie, even though its gotta be sponsored by GM, makes me ready for the new Challenger,  would have been cool if some Mopars were in it,
but it was still a great car enthusiast's movie.   and . . .  Hay Strat, its a truck.
   Got a 3 1/2 star rating in review in Times, that pretty good.  Totally bitc%#% flick. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

well, i haven't seen it but let's see how remembered it is in 7 Mos...
anyone remember "300"?..  :slap:

SeattleCharger

oh yea, 300, that was a great movie,  they are only good for the first couple times you see them when they are new, unless you wait a while between watching them again, kind of the way it is,  if you like going to the movies and seeing a good movie, it is a good movie, movies don't usually stay in the theater for seven months . . .   

70charger_boy

I finally saw the movie, last night.  I really can't stand Michael Bay movies, but everyone has been saying that it was good.  It was Great!!!!!!!!!  Although, it definately was a ad campaign for General motors.  Too bad, dodge didn't get in with the new challenger.  I give it 4 out of 4 stars

Brock Samson

SeattleCharger

Seattle Times gave it a 3 1/2 out of four stars, that's pretty high, very rare, it is a spielberg movie, not that all his are great, but usually will be decent.   Jaws, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters, what others I cannot remember, ok, he prob. had some bombs though, war of the worlds was ok, not exciting or that entertaining, but kind of trippy I guess

:fireangry:    :vert:    :cglow:    :hack:    :paintingpink:    :insertsarcasm:    :badidea:    :grouphug:    :think:    :chatting:    :buff:    :misbehaving:              they got a lot of new icons, huh?

73ChargerSE

Anyone see the unnamed trailer beforehand?  That movie will hit BIG.

70charger_boy

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on July 16, 2007, 12:22:37 PM
Anyone see the unnamed trailer beforehand?  That movie will hit BIG.

Everyone is talking about it, but I missed all the previews  :brickwall:  Did it look like an Indiana Jones trailer??

TeeWJay426

I saw it as well this past weekend... wife & son wanted to see it, and I went along rather reluctantly- didn't expect much, and figured it would be a waste. I was pleasantly surprised, as I really liked it- it was well done, and the action and effects were as good as I've seen recently. I'd recommend it to anyone.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

CFMopar

Saw it last week. Awsome movie.. Good jokes good action no complaints..
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

69bronzeT5

I finally watched the movie last night. HOLY S*@*, its AWESOME!!!!!!! Its funny, never a boring moment and yea.....I really liked it. The graphics are amazing. I think that Shia kid plays the main character very well and also, his girlfriend is hot :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charger_boy

I liked the H53 helicopter that the decepticon was flying and the V22 Osprey tilt rotor helicopter in the beginning

bull

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 14, 2007, 10:58:19 AM
Seattle Times gave it a 3 1/2 out of four stars, that's pretty high, very rare, it is a spielberg movie, not that all his are great, but usually will be decent.   Jaws, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters, what others I cannot remember, ok, he prob. had some bombs though, war of the worlds was ok, not exciting or that entertaining, but kind of trippy I guess

:fireangry:    :vert:    :cglow:    :hack:    :paintingpink:    :insertsarcasm:    :badidea:    :grouphug:    :think:    :chatting:    :buff:    :misbehaving:              they got a lot of new icons, huh?

Spielberg may have been a producer or an executive producer but he did not direct it, that was Michael Bay. It's hard to say how much influence Spielberg had over the content. Probably very little. I liked the movie quite a bit but there were plenty of truck-sized holes in the plot, but then plot is not the reason people go to see movies like this one. You couldn't ask for more grandiose action, that's for sure.