News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clutches in a 742 sure grip?

Started by 1BAD68, July 19, 2007, 09:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

I just picked up a 742 clutch style sure grip and tore it apart, it looks good to me but I was wondering how do you tell if the clutches are no good?
I noticed that some of them are slightly concave instead of flat, is that normal?

375instroke

Chatt69chgr

Wasn't the last time the 742 was used around 1970?  So those clutches would probably be 37 years old or older.  Seems like it would be prudent to replace them since the rebuild pack costs so little and you have it all out anyway.

deputycrawford

I believe the 742 ended in 68. The 489 started in 69 and went through the 73 model year.  Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

I can't correct you but I thought there was some overlap in certain applications?