News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stupid exhaust question

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, September 26, 2007, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

ok i have crappy 2 1/4 pipe on my car, now at the collector the pipe kinda swoops down abit to clear whatever it needs to clear by the floor (cant remember what it is offhand.) now my question is if i want to go to 3 inch is thre a pre bent pipe i can buy that has this "swoop" in it alrteady or would i have to have something bent up? all i want to do is go 3" to muffs offset out with dumps at the axel. those 2 1/4s have gotta go. i know 3 is overkill but i dont wanna buy again later on. this car never sees bad weather so the exhaust will likley never need replacing so im figuring do it once.... any tips or ideas...........Mike

69chargeryeehaa

i just got the TTi complete exhaust system delivered yesterday.  All i can say is  :o :drool5: this system is beautiful, perfectly bent/welded, and comes with EVERYTHING including clamps, hangers, muflers, ect.....and for the price you can't beat it; it's got a H-pipe too!!.  It's a bolt on system, no welding required you should look into it, they have 2 1/2" and 3" systems, i went with the 2 1/2", sometimes bigger is'nt allways better.  I had a 3" system on my old charger with a 440 and heddman hedders, it preformed very poorly in the bottom end.  The stock system is 2 1/2 to the mufflers and 2 1/4" after the muflers.  You should think thru how you drive the car, if you want all out performance, then go with the 3" system, you'll have more top end but sacrafice bottom end performance (where your car spends 95% of it's life if it's a cruiser).   I found an original HP manifold set for my 69 charger r/t, and this exhaust is stock looking, a tad bigger at 2 1/2" all the way back, but has Dynomax mufflers for a little bit of a growl, but then again my car is a hardcore cruiser, see's about 15000-20000mi/yr. :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers: :Twocents:

firefighter3931

Mike : Check with TTI because they sell adapter pipes to mate their headpipes to other manufacturer's headers. If you plan on upgrading to a 440 later go with the h-pipe setup so that you will be able to adapt it to the wider RB block and don't weld that "H" connection when you intall it....just clamp it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brightyellow69rtse

good advise yeehaaa, i was thinking 3 inch bucause i think i can score the pipe about free at work :). i have 4.10's so i dunno how noticeable the loss low end would be.  id go ultraflows of course, i think i can reuse my cutouts i have now with a little creative fab work. if thats the case all i need to score is a h pipe which i can get from summit for like 30$, some collector hookups i dont wanna call them reducers cuse its gonna be 3 to 3 but you know what i mean. i dont see me welding the pipe to the header lol i dont see that working out long term  :brickwall:.....Mike

Ron you know im too poor for tti buddy lol i wish i could this is where my fab backround is gonna help me  :cheers:

ryan053

What do you guys think about X pipes?  i saw tti offers them also.  Better or worse?

69chargeryeehaa

Quote from: ryan053 on September 27, 2007, 06:58:34 PM
What do you guys think about X pipes?  i saw tti offers them also.  Better or worse?

i allways thought for performance orientated applications go x-pipe, stock/near stock(mild mods like intake, hedders, carb, ect...) h-pipe.  :shruggy:  but i'm no expert, BUT i do know that there is a benifit to having a x or h pipe do balance side to side, so something has got to be better than nothing right?  now that i think about it i don't know.... :eek2: :smilielol:   :popcrn:

Brightyellow69rtse

your right as far as i know. x pipes are better but like 3 times the price, for the menial gain i would probly see the extra money would be better spent on me finally finishing my console. i been riding around all summer with a empty hole between the seats...........Mike

keepat

Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on September 27, 2007, 09:23:56 AM
i just got the TTi complete exhaust system delivered yesterday.  All i can say is  :o :drool5: this system is beautiful, perfectly bent/welded, and comes with EVERYTHING including clamps, hangers, muflers, ect.....and for the price you can't beat it; it's got a H-pipe too!!.  It's a bolt on system, no welding required you should look into it, they have 2 1/2" and 3" systems, i went with the 2 1/2", sometimes bigger is'nt allways better.  I had a 3" system on my old charger with a 440 and heddman hedders, it preformed very poorly in the bottom end.  The stock system is 2 1/2 to the mufflers and 2 1/4" after the muflers.  You should think thru how you drive the car, if you want all out performance, then go with the 3" system, you'll have more top end but sacrafice bottom end performance (where your car spends 95% of it's life if it's a cruiser).   I found an original HP manifold set for my 69 charger r/t, and this exhaust is stock looking, a tad bigger at 2 1/2" all the way back, but has Dynomax mufflers for a little bit of a growl, but then again my car is a hardcore cruiser, see's about 15000-20000mi/yr. :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers: :Twocents:
TTI is awesome exhaust and the fit is perfect! The H pipe will leave room for GV overdrive.
Pat

Brightyellow69rtse

are those tti headers? i see you dont need a swoop kinda in the pipes to get them where theor going. setup looks killer man! love the cutouts too........MIke

keepat

Yes! TTI headers and 3" S/S tail pipes. Thanks!
Pat

ryan053

i looked at tti's website and there isnt that much of a price difference between an h pipe or x pipe exhaust system