News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-P 440 Mopar Block

Started by histoy, December 09, 2007, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

I was just reading the Koffel's Place ad on page 18 of Mopar Muscle Magazine.  It states that their new 440 block allows a .250" raised cam location, and accepts standard cam drives.   I'm confused about how the cam can be raised that much, yet accept a standard set of gears and chain.   What am I missing here?

firefighter3931

Quote from: histoy on December 09, 2007, 07:20:22 PM
I was just reading the Koffel's Place ad on page 18 of Mopar Muscle Magazine.  It states that their new 440 block allows a .250" raised cam location, and accepts standard cam drives.   I'm confused about how the cam can be raised that much, yet accept a standard set of gears and chain.   What am I missing here?

What KP is referring to (most likely) is std crank/cam gears are compatible but it would need a longer timing chain...for sure.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs