News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nintendo Wii

Started by Charger1973, July 16, 2007, 03:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Does anyone have this yet?  I have been tempted to buy one for a while now.  I really like the fact that you can download the NES and SNES games.  Im curious what you guys that have the system think of it?   :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

One of the guys at work bought it for his kids and they absolutely love it.  Its better than any other system.  I suck at games, but I can fly a plane :icon_smile_big:

Charger74

It's pretty fun.  My neighbor has one.  We tried out some of the WII sports games.  Pretty cool.  Boxing will give you a pretty decent workout too.

Judhudson

I got one and I LOVE it.  It's really enjoyable.  From Wii Sports to Resident Evil 4 (I love doing Headshots at Zombies) I have a blast.  I own these games so far and I would love to pick up a few more but I won't until they hit the bargin bin.  50 bucks for most games is too much for me but I'd be glad to get em' for $20!

Anyways I have:

*Wii Sports (Love it!)
*Resident Evil 4 (Love it more!
*Sonic and the Secret Rings (I don't care much about this game)
*Super Paper Mario (It's great if you are a mario fan and it is a mix of a platform and RPG)
*Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess (A lot of folks bash this for being a GC port with Wii Controls tacked on but it truely is a masterpiece)
*Rayman Raving Rabbids (DDDDAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The Rabbids crack me up and I cannot wait to buy the sequel.)

The VC is a nice little feature as well.  I bought SimCity, Actraiser, and Donkey Kong Country.  I think the prices are

$5 For NES
$8 For SNES
$10 For N64

I don't know the other prices but they are near the 5-10 dollar range.

Now the Wii does have it's faults.  Doesn't have a lot of memory on it if you go hog wild on downloading VC games.  You'll have to end up deleting the ones you are done playing to make more room.  However you don't have to buy them again you can redownload them.  I think it is crazy!  They should allow us to use our SD cards or create a Harddrive for us to use!

Charger1973

Oh man that is not cool I was hoping to download a whole NES/SNES library.  I wonder if they will come up with a solution for that?  Thats a big downside for me since those are the games im most interested in.  I love the retro stuff....

Judhudson

Eh, you can still do a lot of downloading.  As for right now, it is pure speculation.  I *am hoping for* Nintendo to release a Harddrive or allow saving to SD cards early next year when the new "WiiWare" channel launches.  There is no reason to not have one at that point.

By the way, in case you like Nintendo news, I often visit this site:  http://gonintendo.com/

All and all, it is not perfect.  I am a huge Nintendo fan and supporter, but like I said there is more room for improvement. But don't let that turn you away from getting one.  And in case you do want to get one, if you see it on the shelves, by all means get it!  They are still unavailable to get here in Huntsville.  But then again it is a big city full of techheads.

CharlieCharger

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 16, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
One of the guys at work bought it for his kids and they absolutely love it.  Its better than any other system.  I suck at games, but I can fly a plane :icon_smile_big:
Have you tried the new Flight simulator?
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

70charger_boy

Quote from: CharlieCharger on July 17, 2007, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 16, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
Have you tried the new Flight simulator?

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  It is a fun game, but it is no where close to the real thing