News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this really the price of the Nationals in Ohio this year?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, July 09, 2007, 10:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

I hope I am wrong, it has been since 98' that I was at the last Mopar Nationals in Ohio, but it looks like the cost to enter a car is $75. :flame:
I do not want the car judged, just the fun field.
This year the Satellite is the featured car.
I would like to take my Satellite but $75 seems just too high. Am I reading something wrong? :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Troy

Actually, it looks like $80 (you're too late for the early-bird discount).
"Regular Entry is $65, if postmarked by June 30, 2007 . Entries postmarked after June 30 are $80 and must be paid by money order only. No mail entries accepted after July 12. Admits Car & 2 Adults to all three days and Trophy Race."
http://www.moparnats.org/Documents/07MoparNatsApp6.pdf

I was thinking that it was $90 and only one person so that seems like a deal. :eyes: If you're coming down by yourself then maybe you can offset the cost by selling the other admission to someone who isn't taking a car - it's normally $40 for spectators for all three days so give 'em a discount. It is highly unlikely that I'll take a car (again).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

I've had extra tickets in some years and it's never been a problem to sell them.  Come to think of it, that's how I met 471 Magnum waaay back in the 90's (that's almost a lifetime).

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TUFCAT

That's just another reason (if we needed one) as to why The Mopar Nationals - - TOTALLY SUCKS!  :down: :down: :down:

Ghoste

Although for some of us, they are still the king of Mopar shows.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

gtx6970

Just so everyone feels better about the $75 entry costs, 8 spaces are $750  :rant:

Troy

Quote from: 41husk on July 10, 2007, 07:36:21 PM
Is it cheaper for the car corall?
Nope, the car corral is $95 before June 30 or $110 at the gate.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Well I hate to burst your bubble there Ghoste, but the nationals ceased being the King of shows I'd say in about 98 or so. By that time Carlisle was roughly the same size, and 1,000,000,000 times more orgazined. I always say my 3 year old does better at coloring than the Nationals does at organizing a show. Then again i still seem to go each year, just not impressed with the show any more.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 69_500 on July 11, 2007, 08:14:21 PM
Well I hate to burst your bubble there Ghoste, but the nationals ceased being the King of shows I'd say in about 98 or so. By that time Carlisle was roughly the same size, and 1,000,000,000 times more orgazined. I always say my 3 year old does better at coloring than the Nationals does at organizing a show. Then again i still seem to go each year, just not impressed with the show any more.

I have not been there since 98' (25th anniversary of the Charger SE I had at the time), I just do not remember it being like $100 to enter. :scratchchin:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

All I can say is, if we don't pay or go, there is no show!  This is a perfect example of GREED.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BMOTOXSTAR

:iagree:
I will be there. I will stop being a bitch and just pay the $. I did not make it too Carisle so I had better not miss out on this one. :slap:
Plus it is the year of the Satellite.
Funny thing is, it was the 73' anniversary and they put a 2nd gen on the damn' plaque. :rofl:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Spike

I think I have been at every Mopar Nats since 1984. From what I can remember the entry forms have been like that for a long, long time.

AKcharger

I may go again to watch the races and hit the swap meet but I'll never take my car again...ditto on unorganized, I will however fly 10,000 miles to go to Carlisle

4cruzin

I lost alot of respect for the MOPAR NATS when I found out that they were keeping the 360's that were the big door prizes instead of contacting the winners to tell them they won.  Not cool.   :RantExplode:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RD

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 11, 2007, 10:52:21 PM
I lost alot of respect for the MOPAR NATS when I found out that they were keeping the 360's that were the big door prizes instead of contacting the winners to tell them they won.  Not cool.   :RantExplode:

no way!!!   man, that is just not cool in so many ways.  tell me it aint so?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on July 11, 2007, 08:14:21 PM

No bubble burst Danny and no argument on anything you say but I had to counter that it totally sucks.  If you just go for the party and don't think of it as an actual show.  Hey, that's what it is for me!  I don't really think about the crap Bielenda is putting on, I just sort of enjoy my own little show.  That must be why I like it so much.