News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another thermostat question.

Started by 69XP383, June 28, 2007, 08:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

Have a 69 era 383. Engine has not been started yet but has a new 195 degree thermostat in it. Engine is basically stock but will have an intake and headers. Before I seal it up (aluminun water pump is on the way from 440 source) sould I look at installing a lower temp thermostat. Looks like the manual calls for a 190 degree but some of you are running a 180 or 185 thermostat.

Any recommendations? I'm gonna be putting it on an engine stand to test start it in the near future and I'd like to spare myself the temp. problems now before i get it int the car.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I would run either a 160º (which I run) or a 180º thermostat.   Make sure it is a high flow one as well.  Robert Shaw or I believe Milodon make them
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikesbbody

i changed from a 160 to a 180 my car was running too cool with the 160

Steve P.

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 30, 2007, 05:56:24 PM
i changed from a 160 to a 180 my car was running too cool with the 160

TOO COOL is up North winter driving with the windows open..    ;)

The alternative to TOO COOL is::  Not enough horse power...   :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

I would recommend using a 180 * , 190 is not really different & may work great for you