News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this The Right PS Box For My Challenger ?

Started by 71ChallengeHer, June 19, 2007, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UFO

I do believe there are different lower shaft sizes.Not sure if casting numbers will tell you which is which.
If your paying for shipping,it could be a costly guess.A steering box cant be that hard to find locally.

chargerbr549

I believe it was 72 and back that had the smaller pitman shaft and 73 on up went to a bigger pitman shaft, if you get the right pitman arm either box should work in place of each other.

Kevin

Just 6T9 CHGR

Buying a used box is a crap shoot.....save up the ducats & get a rebuilt unit from Firm Feel or Steer & Gear :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 20, 2007, 11:21:31 AM
Buying a used box is a crap shoot.....save up the ducats & get a rebuilt unit from Firm Feel or Steer & Gear :Twocents:
:iagree: 100%
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71ChallengeHer

Thanks guys. I was just looking into it because I needed a core.

UFO

If you live in the snow/salt area,why not have your original rebuilt during winter layup.