News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would this cause a major vacuum leak?

Started by Harlow, September 15, 2007, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

After reading 69chargerR/T's post I decided to take a closer look at my carb, which I haven't payed much attention to lately. I noticed that for some reason I didn't have the vacuum advance port on the base of the carb blocked off anymore. Would this cause performance issues after the rpm picks up?

Back N Black

Yes because its ported vacuum,as the throttle plates open you create a vacuum leak.Of the gas no leak should idle ok.

Harlow

Thats what I was thinking. I've been able to get it to idle very nice since I've changed the engine around, but it didn't seem to have much power at all.

firefighter3931

All vac ports need to be connected or blocked off....otherwise you will have a lean condition.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs