News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

advance curve?

Started by 1BAD68, July 07, 2007, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

Can someone tell me if this is where I should be at?
318 .30 over
Comp cams 260H
Edelbrock 600 carb
Edelbrock performer manifold
Flowtech headers

My vacuum advance is disconnected and this is the advance curve...
800 rpm = 10* btdc
1000rpm = 20* "
1500rpm = 29* "
2000rpm = 29* "
2500rpm = 37* "
3000rpm = 37* "

does that sound right?

I'm heading out the door right now for a road test

back from road test
I get pinging at WOT so I reset timing to;

800=8*
1000=18*
1500=27*
2000=27*
2500=35*

still need to road test this time.

Am I on the right track? Does the distributor still have more advance in it thats causing the pinging at WOT?
I'm using the stock Mopar one as far as I know its original from the factory with non adjustable vacuum advance.

Plumcrazy

What octane fuel are you using and what's the compression ratio?

You may be able to run some more initial timing if you slow down the advance a little and reduce the amount of mechanical timing so that the total stays at around 35*
Start at TDC and slowly advance the timing while watching the rpm's.  You will get to a point where advancing the timing has no more effect on the idle speed.  That will be where you want to set the initial timing.  I'm guessing that cam will like somewhere between 10*~15*.   Then you need to limit the mechanical advance to stay at about 34*~36* total

After you get those numbers you then want to start looking at the rate of advance.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.