News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of front end restoration project

Started by dspaulding70, May 06, 2008, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I am so excited I cannot stand it.  I go by the shop daily to check on my child.  Wife is about to leave me......

Charger-Bodie

Looks Great , but please tell me they arent going to leave those scuzzy looking k-frame bolts in there?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The Kid

Just 6T9 CHGR

:drool5:

Is the body supported on the lift by the pinchwelds?  :o
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

That's one of those better than new cars.  Amazing.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger01

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 07, 2008, 08:13:59 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 07, 2008, 02:35:24 AM
:drool5:

Is the body supported on the lift by the pinchwelds?  :o

Yes.
Scary.

Looks pretty darn good! Those are SSB rotors, right? Those look sweet. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi-hampton

If your worried about scratching your new undercarriage on lift just do what I do, Get 4 rubbing wheel pads, put these on each of the lift ends & raise at frame. Not sure Pinchweld a good idea? :scratchchin: :rotz:

chargen86

looks great
what sway bar are you running
thanks

dspaulding70

Many great questions.

They said they have it on the pinchwelds so they could paint the underside on the lift.  They are going to get rear differential in today so it will be rolling into the paint bay by weeks end. 

The rotors are from the Wilwood kit and I am very pleased with ease of installation and look.

Sway bar, torsion bars are all from Firm Feel.  They really are good quality.

Ugly K-Member bolts.  I cannot seem to locate new ones.  Anyone with ideas on where to get?  If no replacements, I plan to have them painted at least.

Chatt69chgr

Better get that off those pinch welds and supported properly or your car may end up on the floor with a couple of guys under it.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: dspaulding70 on May 08, 2008, 09:08:23 AM

Ugly K-Member bolts.  I cannot seem to locate new ones.  Anyone with ideas on where to get?  If no replacements, I plan to have them painted at least.

They make a phosphate kit if you plan on doing several bolts.  I think Eastwood sells it.  We used it with mine, kind of time consuming but if you're after details... 

Or again try Bill: http://amhightechauto.com/