News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrolysis rust removal

Started by greasyspider, November 09, 2010, 10:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspider

I've been using electrolysis to take the rust off some of my parts and I must say it works AWESOME! :2thumbs:  Anyone have any experience with this? I want to soak my control arms and linkages but I've heard that the metal can become brittle using this process.  However, I have also found webpages where guys have done leaf springs with no problems (at least no updates admitting problems.) 
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

jpsycoboy5

I've done this a lot to A LOT of rusty parts and I've never experienced the metal getting brittle
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

Wicked72

try this stuff http://evaporust.com/ Its amazing! I throw everything in it. I saved a few old knives that wouldnt even open. If you leave the metal in to long it turns black but it doesnt hurt anything. I have done the many pounds of bolts from my 3rd gen with it and they all look new. I sprayed them with WD 40 after they were done to keep them from flash rusting. Its only takes about an hour to make a few hand full of bolts look new.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected