News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

spotwelding trunk gutters and rear deck filler

Started by runningman, June 08, 2007, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Getting those new trunk gutter pieces and going to wait on the deck filler (should be avail in 4 weeks or so)  It would make things alot easier if I could spot weld these pieces back instead of having to plug weld them.  Will also look more factory, i was wondering if those 110V spot welders work well and also if the welds are factory looking.  Thanks  matt 

runningman

hemi-hampton

I've used the Spot Welder. It fooled a guy I work with into thinking the 1/4's  & extension I installed on 70 Cuda were factory because when it was on the hoist he seen the spot welds under 1/4 & extension on bottom lip. He said I did not replace as it still had factory spot welds. I told him before he started working their I installed using a spot welder. The problem is some come out looking good & some do not. Different size tips & small tips make them look to small & not factory. Also, only good at welding along outer edges, Cant reach inside most area's. LEON.

runningman

Any recommendations on manufacturers?  i was looking at a miller but it looks to me that they only have a smaller size tip.  Would the 110V be good enough?  thanks  matt

hemi-hampton

Cant remember the name of the one I used, I do know if was solid steel & weighed like 75 pounds, Hard to hold & spot weld especially if using one hand because it was so dang heavy, like holding a bowling ball. really quit inconveinant. LEON.

Charger-Bodie

the spot elder we have at the shop is a 220 unit and it has 2 handle which each make a weld instead of the pinch type althou you can use it like a pinch type also if there is room.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

runningman

Thanks for the info guys, I will check and see what I can find out.

Silver R/T

we had 220 V unit at the college. Had hook-up to the air so it pressed two panels together and held them while it welded them. Very nice unit but very expensive, around $7,000 if Im not mistaken.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

runningman

Ordered the 110V miller spot welder yesterday, should be in the beginning of next week or so............