News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you take?

Started by 69 rt, May 09, 2008, 09:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

Anything $75,000 and up I'd consider it.....over $90,000 and it's a done deal.

IowaCharger69

15k would get you my straight as an arrow 69. Running, driving, non original non numbers matching 400 4bbl auto. The floors are patched but not with pans. The interior is all new, just not installed. Basically the car is ready finish if you were looking for a good driver.

The price is steep enough to keep most people away, but enough that I could pay off any number of bills and still have enough left over to restart another project.

I guess I have flipped too many old cars to get too nostalgic. I mean I miss my first 69, but that doesn't mean every 69 I get will be hard to get rid of.

Anyways, I guess I love these cars, but I know that I have a lot of fish to catch before I have found the one I'm going to keep.

ninja edit: the extra money after my bills would go towards starting a B Body, vegetable oil burning diesel, project. Probably a Super Bee.

472 R/T SE

I hate when it's time to sell and having to deal with the likes of "runninghorn", but love the adrenaline of buying one.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 10, 2008, 06:50:53 PM

I hate when it's time to sell and having to deal with the likes of "runninghorn", but love the adrenaline of buying one.

HAHAHAHA  :smilielol:    :smilielol:    :smilielol:    :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69 rt

CB
No I am not ready to get rid of it, but I was talking to a friend today in Maryland and he showed me a 68 440 GTX that is 80% complete, just needs the engine cleaned up and an exhaust. The car is beautiful and is actually the car I was looking for when I found the two Chargers.
Seems he was taken for 30 thousand by an ex friend and now has to sell the car. 15,000.00 is what he has to have or his credit will go south. I feel bad for him as he has put a lot of money and sweat into the car. He owns the Joe Dirt car from the movie and a true 70 Hemi cuda. I told him to try and sell one of those. I would love to buy it, but then I would be needing your services as my wife would kill me.

CB

Quote from: 69 rt on May 11, 2008, 12:32:18 AM
CB
No I am not ready to get rid of it, but I was talking to a friend today in Maryland and he showed me a 68 440 GTX that is 80% complete, just needs the engine cleaned up and an exhaust. The car is beautiful and is actually the car I was looking for when I found the two Chargers.
Seems he was taken for 30 thousand by an ex friend and now has to sell the car. 15,000.00 is what he has to have or his credit will go south. I feel bad for him as he has put a lot of money and sweat into the car. He owns the Joe Dirt car from the movie and a true 70 Hemi cuda. I told him to try and sell one of those. I would love to buy it, but then I would be needing your services as my wife would kill me.

Ouch  :'(
It is always sad people have to sell their cars to cover the bills...
Been there ,done that. Too many times actually. :icon_smile_dissapprove:
CB (not being an undertaker anymore)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TheGhost

15k would buy the Barracuda.  It's worth 1/3 of that at most, but I won't sell it for any less, because they're not that easy to find locally in the shape that mine's in.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

IowaCharger69

Seems like having to come up with 15k shouldn't be a problem for someone that owns both the Joe Dirt car as well as a HEMI car. Unless of course the bank still owns both of those, and a few more things.

69 rt

Those cars are his free and clear but he is trying not to sell his two favorite cars.

Rolling_Thunder

it would take 75K for my Charger when it is done...
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip