News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

check this out

Started by 700jfm, May 05, 2008, 07:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

i am not sure what to think of that, except a charger would crush it :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

700jfm

Quote from: RD on May 05, 2008, 08:04:18 PM
i am not sure what to think of that, except a charger would crush it :D
:smilielol: It's OK for building ships, but not for working on cars.  :eek2:

Charger1973

"My buddy had his GT on these huge brick looking things ( think they are called cinder blocks?) and he was replacing his tranny. (Ghetto fabulous jackstands) The rear blocks cracked and broke in half. He is fine, but it scared the crap out of him."

:slap:

terrible one

Cool idea, but the height would bug the shit out of me. It's too short to stand under but too high to lay down and do shit . . . I guess you have to pop a squat?  :shruggy:

Dave22443

Beats stacking it up on top of a bunch of 55-gallong drums   :smilielol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Charger74

Not sure it's something I would do but if you look at the inside of each side, it's got some pretty good support in there.  Looks like he placed a support about every 12 inches.   All the wood looks pretty thick too.  remember they build some houses using wooden I-beams that are probably only 1" thick.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger74 on May 06, 2008, 08:27:31 AM
Not sure it's something I would do but if you look at the inside of each side, it's got some pretty good support in there.  Looks like he placed a support about every 12 inches.   All the wood looks pretty thick too.  remember they build some houses using wooden I-beams that are probably only 1" thick.

I was thinking that too.  They look like 2x10's and those will be strong enough to support that car.  I would not want to use it after it gets rained on though.  But i suppose he takes it apart when he is done with mods and stores it in that little shed.  I guess if i were him though i would stop buying mods for my car and save up $15,000 for at least a single car garage with a 4 post lift.

This quote was funny "now you just need a weight bench and a pile of 40oz's in the front yard, and you're all set."  there are comedians all over the internet... :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

That's kind of a cool idea. Wood is strong stuff, as long as it's braced well & that thing looks well built.

*EDIT* Man, things got ugly on page 5 in that thread. :eek2: I can see why some would deem it unsafe, but it looks plenty strong to me. Maybe I'm just too much of a redneck for my own good, though. ;D

This guy seems to have used this for a few projects, without breakage presumably...

This time it's lifting the rotisserie & all! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlackDodge

I wonder if that dude is still alive? :scratchchin:

BBD

chargerboy69

I am fairly sure he doesn'tuse it anymore since that thread is 4 years old already.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford