News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is chilton's a good book?

Started by MikeMacCham, May 29, 2007, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeMacCham

I was wondering for repairs which book you guys think is #1? A couple people recomended Chiltons...
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

pettyfan43

I've got a Shop manual on CD for my 66. The Chilton's have basic repair excerpts from the shop manual anyway. There is just a LOT missing.

MikeMacCham

How much is that? where would I get it?
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

Ghoste

You can get one from your Dodge dealer.  Part number P4510765 for the 66 Dodge fsm on cd-rom.

Chatt69chgr

That looks up for $70 retail, $56 wholesale.  You may want to do a little web surfing and ebay looking first.  I think I have seen these CD's for a lot less $$.  That was some time ago however.

Chargerfanatic

I have seen the CD's on ebay for around $30. Are you looking for a 66 Charger manual? I have a manual that I am done with. I sold my 66. But as said Chiltons is pretty general, it is worth the money to buy a reprint of factory manual.

87 Shelby GLHS

MikeMacCham

"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

TUFCAT

Chiltons sucks if you actually want to fix something. Otherwise its great ...especially while on the shitter  :pushup:

MikeMacCham

sweet, looks like i have my library for the bathroom set for the next 10 years...I like pictures...
What do you recomend? and from where? and $?  :icon_smile_big:
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"