News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I come across a sweet '69 today in West Bend, Wi.

Started by TruckDriver, April 21, 2008, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I was at the Advance Autoparts store getting everything I need to rebuild the brakes in my truck. And the '69 was pointed out by the store guy when it was at the stop lights. Stupid me, I keep forgetting I have a camera in my phone. So I don't have any pics, but it looked like this one in the picture and is not a R/T, but it also has a white top, interiour, and tail stripe. Has the Magnums too with nice fat tires on the back. It was a couple who looked to be in there 50s that stopped at McDonalds to get a bite to eat. They were still there after I left the store, so I drove over by them and introduced myself. The car is mint. I asked the owner if he was on this site, he never heard of it. So, of course, I gave it a nice plug. They sounded interested, so I hope they join up. Now I just need to meet the owner of a nice black '68 R/T in West Bend. The paint looked a little lighter than the car pictured though. Maybe it was the white top. What is that? Light Turquise?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

The car pictured is Q5 Turquoise. You said the car you saw was a bit lighter which means it could of been B3.

Heres an example of B3
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

Looked a little lighter then that Cody. Almost silver with a light green tint to it.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hemidoug

Could it have been A4 platinum? A4 tends to get a little green with age....Check out my sig picture for A4...
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

TruckDriver

I'd say your right. Plus having the white top, stripe and interiour brightens the look too.
PETE

bsakal

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 21, 2008, 06:17:01 PM
Could it have been A4 platinum? A4 tends to get a little green with age....Check out my sig picture for A4...

Doug,
in person your car still looks silver to me, but I have old eyes (40's)  ;D
Brian
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

1BAD68

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 21, 2008, 05:47:17 PM
Now I just need to meet the owner of a nice black '68 R/T in West Bend.

I've seen that car too a couple years ago, very sharp, almost wrecked my van while rubber necking it.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1BAD68 on April 22, 2008, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 21, 2008, 05:47:17 PM
Now I just need to meet the owner of a nice black '68 R/T in West Bend.

I've seen that car too a couple years ago, very sharp, almost wrecked my van while rubber necking it.

He lives north of Fleet & Farm a few blocks. I have a gut feeling that it might be a low milage survivor R/T. He has owned it a long time. 90% of the time when I see it, it is backed inside his garage without a cover on it. And I've only seen it on the road 2 times in a long time.
PETE